• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hitachi exe200 lc-s hydraulic problem stallin out engine

Longy

Hitachi excavatoe

the computer on My ex200-2 went out, or some of the computer went out, I have voltage at the pump but Deere said it would cost 10k to fix it so we just bypassed the computer, it burns more fuel but is still working....

How did u bypass the computer I waunt to do the same thing

MEARS

I am working on a Hitachi EX200 LC-2, the engine stalls or dies if function is held. I have read through tons of articles looking for the answer..
Right now I have correct voltage going to my DP Sensor, but when doing the DP Sensor Voltage test the lowest I can adjust t is 0.8v, (I have the old type sensor with the jam nut and Allen adjust screw) the book says it should be (0.4 +0.15 -0.1v) but sometimes the machine runs fine when you unplug one of the Pump Displacement Solenoid Valves, so I OHM tested both of them and came up with 16.8 - 17.1 ohms of resistance the book says (15.5v +- 1.0v). After all that I tested the Angle Sensor, removed it checked everything and the lowest I can adjust it is 4.87v the book says normal range is (4.40v +- 0.03v).
So with all that I think I have two bad Pump Displacement Solenoid Valves, a bad Angle Sensor, and possibly a bad DP Sensor.
Where do I go from here? I don't really think all 4 items are bad but I guess it's possible.

wabco

hey mears ihave hadno luck in fixing my excavator i could write 3 books on it i dont feel that bad though hitachi have looked at it a couple of times and no good we have replaced wiring computers all sensors some tweice auto trottle doesnt work stalls but ours is the same angle sensor lowest is 4.8 which isnt write i am wondering if it could be fork inside pump even though it feels alright whith a screw driver in the side we have had to walk for awhile but keen for another crack when i get some time or inspiraiton or find some one that knows what their talking about keen to hear any solutions wabco

MEARS

I talked to a guy today about possible issues wth the main fuel inlet line having a screen on it that gets clogged up. Maybe check that on yours. I checked this one and no such luck.

shopguy

That 4.4 volts is on the middle wire of the A/S with the pump at full stroke .Sounds like you are in the power wire with 4.8
hope this helps

Last edited:

MEARS

Thank you for the help, I have double checked myself time and time again on the correct output voltage wire. Most all Hitachi's that I have ever worked on the output voltage is in the middle if it is a 3 prong plug/harness. Thank you though.

shopguy

Did you check the vo;tage at the harness with the a/s unplugged using the ground wire in the harness ?

MEARS

Yes, I have tried that and a continuity test. I also pin tested the wires at the computer end. I think I will try another Angle Sensor local instead of from China.

Hydro-Tech

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
hi guys, im planning to do convertion for this machine. ex200-3, is any one here tried this thing? any responce will be much appreciated
HYDRO-TECH

helpless

i have an old hitachi UHO83LC , had a fuel problem drained fuel changed filter.the machine ran fine pressure washed and cleaned on it for 3 days , went to crank to move and when you crank it make a horrible noise ,blow black smoke and die , did this a few times , throttled it up , it cranked and ran with smoke but not as bad , i thought mabe it would smooth out , let it run 15 minutes it never smoothed out , i idled it down and it died , somehow it is staying under a load , i dont see pd sensors because i dont see any wires . i drained pump transmission , no water , oil looked fine very little sediment pulled oil pan plug , no water in oil pan, turbo spins need help!

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF helpless;)! Since your issue is not related to the 200 thread you piggybacked on you should start your own thread rather than piggybacking off another. You will get a much faster response that way.