• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

In search of a Komatsu S6D95L-1 engine

Seans problems

Hi everyone,
I figured this forum gets a lot of views so I'd post this here. If it needs moved let me know and I will delete it and try somewhere else.

I have a morooka altrac with a komatsu S6D95L-1 inline 6cyl. These things are great but this poor thing finally went out on me. A main bearing went and cocked one of the pistons and let it dig into the cylinder wall, and it kept running. I don't think a sleeve is going to do it for this one because its so chewed up.

Does anyone have a line on a decent engine I can refurb and stick back in the machine?

Thanks

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
You are in landtraxco territory, location and machine. If you message him through this site he could possibly help, even suggest an alternative engine.

Seans problems

You are in landtraxco territory, location and machine. If you message him through this site he could possibly help, even suggest an alternative engine.
Thank you, I reached out via his website/store.
The machine is a 1989 morooka and its in Washington state.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Those are a great engine that doesn't wear out very often. They usually go until they break. I haven't seen many used ones being offered for sale.

Probably the best people to get a hold of is Fraley Tractor in Wenatchee. They may have one in a parts machine. https://fraleytractor.com

Seans problems

Those are a great engine that doesn't wear out very often. They usually go until they break. I haven't seen many used ones being offered for sale.

Probably the best people to get a hold of is Fraley Tractor in Wenatchee. They may have one in a parts machine. https://fraleytractor.com

This one just figured it was time I guess. We have a couple with this engine and a couple with the 4dt engine. great machines until they quit.