• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JCB JS130 CAPS function for throttle reset - won't complete cycle

HeinWernerOP

Hello everyone,

I've got a JCB JS130 excavator. Very similar to a case 9010B or linkbelt. Had some hydraulic pressure issues and decided to make sure I was getting full engine RPMs before I messed with the hydraulics too much. My local JCB dealer send me instructions on hot to reset the throttle function with CAPS. The process sends you through several menus for setup. After completing the setup, you press the "cushion" button and the machine is supposed to go to full throttle and fine tune the engine RPMs through the throttle stepper motor (I assume) and then lower the RPMs and fine tune for other digging options. My problem is, once the machine goes into full throttle to tune for Heavy mode, it just stays there and does not adjust throttle at all. I can have it sit there for over 20 minutes and it won't change RPMs. I had no warning lights or faults up on the message board prior to doing the reset. Anyone have any insight on this? The flywheel sensor looks relatively new. Not really sure where to go to from here as the machine is now stuck in this in between state where it has not completed its reset function. The throttle control now only starts adjusting true engine RPMs at half throttle and up. The digging options also don't function now. No messages on the message board.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone.

C9021

Occupation
Business
Sorry can't help with your problem, since my controller isn't working at all at the time, but do you have backup throttle control switches (buttons) under the panel on your right side?

HeinWernerOP

Sorry can't help with your problem, since my controller isn't working at all at the time, but do you have backup throttle control switches (buttons) under the panel on your right side?
Yes I have the backup thankfully. I actually got it working last night. Moved the wires around on the side of the stepper motor. Started working... I assume I'll need to take it apart or pull it out and inspect for a short or broken wire... Just glad it's working again