• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 710G BACKHOE FUEL INJECTION PUMP ISSUES

HELP lttle to no fuel coming out of the injection pump on my 710G the fuel sock has been changed the primer pump has been changed the tank has been rinsed out and cleaned it seems like the only2 injector lines on the left side bottom of the pump havie a little fuel coming out of it. It looks like somebody was trying to splice into the solenoid wires coming out of the back of the injection pump to maybe power a fuel pump or something not knowing the sock was collapsed in a tank and full of slime and algae need to know what the voltage should be at the injection pump solenoid.IMG_20240214_101819.jpg

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Gilligan;)!

Complete machine serial number please.

Those wires need to be addressed, for sure.

need to know what the voltage should be at the injection pump solenoid.
That voltage cannot be measured with a voltmeter. It is a pulse width circuit controlled by the ECU. What codes are in the monitor?

Let me let me start by saying thanks for replying back to me there is nothing on the monitors the monitors are totally dead and all fuses in relay seem to be in good condition this is somebody else's machine in the Bahamas, thst I'm trying to get running for him
Identification number " T0710GX926384 "
Since the someone before me had stripped back part of the wires I tried to measure the voltage and got around 5.7 vdc ithink they were trying to hook up a elect. Fuel pump

heymccall

The circled wires go to the solenoid on the end of the pump that controls all pump functions and therefore is effectively a PWM (pulse width modulated) set up. There is no 5v supply, however this may be seen with a multimeter as the ECU rapidly switches battery voltage on & off to maintain the required pressure to run the engine.

That voltage cannot be measured with a voltmeter. It is a pulse width circuit controlled by the ECU. What codes are in the monitor?
Let me let me start by saying thanks for replying back to me there is nothing on the monitors the monitors are totally dead and all fuses in relay seem to be in good condition this is somebody else's machine in the Bahamas, thst I'm trying to get running for him
Since the someone before me had stripped back part of the wires I tried to measure the voltage and got around 5.7 vdc ithink they were trying to hook up a elect. Fuel pump.

That voltage cannot be measured with a voltmeter. It is a pulse width circuit controlled by the E

The circled wires go to the solenoid on the end of the pump that controls all pump functions and therefore is effectively a PWM (pulse width modulated) set up. There is no 5v supply, however this may be seen with a multimeter as the ECU rapidly switches battery voltage on & off to maintain the required pressure to run the engine.
O ok test equipment is very limited here on the island but I do have have a decent digital voltimeter
Since the someone before me had stripped back part of the wires I tried to measure the voltage and got around 5.7 vdc ithink they were trying to hook up a elect. Fuel pump.
I had him send what I think is the computer unit 2nd picture out to Miami Florida for testing
No display haven't gotten that far in the machine yet but all fuses are good
Ps. Just as info.The machine had been running a while back intil the fuel sock got clogged and nobody realized it until he got me to take a look at the machine when I came down recently
Then some of Bush mechanics messed with it

Attachments

• IMG_20240214_101902.jpg
    IMG_20240214_101902.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240214_101800.jpg
    IMG_20240214_101800.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

It's a DE10 pump.
Pump theory attached.
Thanks so much for the information I'll take a look at it and see what I can Thanks so much for the information I'll take a look at it.