• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 310A thumping sound

We installed new brakes put it back together and now have brakes but, every revolution of left axle hear a sound thump. put downriggers down lifted rear wheels and turns freely and no sound in forward or rev.
Only when we move it makes that sound. Any advice what it could be?

house cat

Years agoe when i worked for john deere i was called out to check a backhoe doing the same thing. The wheel had not been snugged back up good it would make a thumping noise sounded like it was coming from the stump not saying that is your problem but check them

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Agree with house cat. Jack up machine ,put block of wood alongside tire ,turn tire ,does tire stay same distance away from block of wood?

We installed new brakes put it back together and now have brakes but, every revolution of left axle hear a sound thump. put downriggers down lifted rear wheels and turns freely and no sound in forward or rev.
Only when we move it makes that sound. Any advice what it could be?
You were right so simple would never thought that thank you so much. You saved me a lot of work.