• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 35d drive motor

GUNNER88

Occupation
FIELD REPAIR AND DIAGNOSTICS
I replaced a John Deere mini excavator drive motor, the old one was ate up, but after it runs for 1-2 hours it loses power and won’t move unless you lift up the track, almost like as it locks up. But once it cools it’s good again. Since the aftermarket final drive comes with 1 year warranty I filed warranty and got another, this time I didn’t put it on the same side, I went the extra mile and put the working final drive motor on the opposite side. The machine does the same thing with the new motor on the opposite side. So it’s obvious the problem is with these final drives. But has anybody encountered something like this with aftermarket drives? Or does anybody know of these machines not accepting aftermarket drives?