• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

Truck Shop

I remember back in 2009-we had 11 T800's with EGR ISX's-6 went down in one week,
all eleven were gone before 200,000 miles.
Trucks and equipment-open the hood each morning pour a sack of money in there shut hood
and carry on.

Welder Dave

Sometimes it must get overwhelming when the problems just never seem to go away. It's a little better when you have back up equipment and at least 1 other person to help you. I'm stuck that it's hard to find someone to help me when I need it. I want to rip my MX track before the ground freezes but don't want to without a clutch in the grader. This latest issue with a slave cylinder having oddball threads makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Really makes me wonder if it's worth all the hassle and money to try and keep the track open. I've got medical issues that don't help. Right now I've got an overactive bladder and enlarged prostate and have to self catheter. It hurts pretty bad trying to insert the catheter. Hoping to get a stronger med. for a bladder infection that are more common when using a catheter.

Natman

My biggest problem lately was getting distracted by a phone call while working on my bike I carry in the boom truck. 10 minutes later I went to pull the Mack into the building and heard a crunching sound, I had left the front wheel in front of the truck, a new tube, tire, axle, brake disc, and wheel, for about $100.00. That seemed like a big deal at the time but if that's all I have to complain about.....

crane operator

Thanks, truckshop. I'd like to have one of those 8090 RT's like that red one. But they are just so big and heavy to haul in my area.

How's the truck? Going to have to make a few more tow's to pay out the bill?

Truck Shop

Well it's why I wanted to move it to a 2019 SD122 tractor he had, he culled it even though it had
major engine work done under warranty. it would have made a good unit. but now he is stuck
with a 1994 that if he tried to sell friday he would take it in the ass.---Up Side Down, you got to
know when to knock'em in the head.

crane operator

I was kind of shopping for another day cab, but I can't make heads or tails of the current truck pricing market, so I think I'm kicking the can down the road.

I've seen stuff from 2017-2019- in daycabs, under 400,000 miles, in the same price range as stuff with a million miles from 1991. There's a lot of stuff available in that $50-75,000 range.

But I just don't want to give that much for my usage, and I sure don't want to give that much for stuff on its 2nd million miles. If I've got to give $60,000 for a nice truck, maybe I should just get the one that's 25 years newer for the same $$$$.

I really think the freight rates are down, and that's where the newer stuff is coming from, and the farming/ construction guys are busy (I am) and are driving the old truck market up (because new stuff, DEF, elog's, the world coming to a end, etc.). Its the only thing that makes sense to me.

There's a KW w900 I might go look at, e model cat, spring over walking beam with 4.33's.

Truck Shop

Here's the thing that's always been a thing--winter months. Companies end up with X amount
of drivers that suddenly get sh!t in their neck with thoughts of snow and slick roads. Freight
tends to slow except for small christmas cartage UPS-FedEx. So companies have a tough time
finding enough drivers and like every winter some trucks are fence rowed or only run part time.
That's when the trucking magnets the Aristotle Onassis types with feet up on the desk looking
out the big office window at trucks plugged in, snow falling, on the line with no driver generating
no revenue. Mental cogs start turning about dumping some for trade in's on new or cutting back
because the magnet didn't like what he saw on that mornings MSNBC Squawk on the Street.
All types of trucks come up listed in these months for various reasons, but normally it's the fact
the truck is generating zero revenue at the moment and they have greed worms in their underwear
causing a rash.
Right now the only trucks really holding there own are 4 axle {with drop}. A standard 3 axle tractor
isn't moving very well because it's a truck for only a half a man, a wiener, limp wrist type of truck
and there are better paying loads configured for Campbells Man Handler trucks with a pot of Hungry
Man Steak & Beans cooking and that set of Training Wheels {Drop Axle} that makes for a real mans
truck.
So the market is--Limp wrist automatic 3 axle cheap. Or. Steak & beans real hefty man drop axle
only real men drive for twice the dough.

crane operator

A nice computer message of death on the liebherr. It just wanted a reset.

47,000lbs sewer tank. First driver took a couple hours to get around the corner into the jobsite. Second driver was a one shot deal.

Put a set of 3- 30' long epoxy wood countertops through a second floor door.

IMG_4898 1.jpgIMG_4909 1.jpgIMG_4916 1.jpgIMG_4918 1.jpg