• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kenworth w900 no air,something's frozen

Oxbow

This discussion made me curious about ABA, so I pulled out some SDS’s. I see many of the brands are ethanol based, an equal amount are methanol based. Most contain a 3-5% sodium sulfanate solution, which is used as a corrosion inhibitor. Then, 1% secret sauce, which I assume is the lubricant they claim.

ABA injection is common in my area. I can’t say if it really harms anything, even though the OEM’s and ABS manufacturers don’t recommend it.
I think as long as you don't get a truck drunk with it you are okay. In my experience it takes a small amount to work.

IceHole

This discussion made me curious about ABA, so I pulled out some SDS’s. I see many of the brands are ethanol based, an equal amount are methanol based. Most contain a 3-5% sodium sulfanate solution, which is used as a corrosion inhibitor. Then, 1% secret sauce, which I assume is the lubricant they claim.

ABA injection is common in my area. I can’t say if it really harms anything, even though the OEM’s and ABS manufacturers don’t recommend it.

The T800 and T880 i ran/run have auto meth injectors.

I've had the system freeze up still on -50* days. Was able to get it into a heated building before I didn't have enough air.

Truck Shop

The O-ring grease inside the air valves becomes caked after one winters use. When I went
to work for Tate 20 years ago -the guy running the shop never had a schedule to service air
dryers and relied on AIR BRAKE JIM BEAM, they had issues too. I started a regular service
time in fall on all the dryers, issues stopped.
Here's the funny thing there was a cabinet with about 40 white/red/blue bottles of that
Air Brake Jim Beam-set there never used for 18 to 19 years. The oil distributor for the shop
{anaconda salesman} was yaking about ABA. I took him over to the cabinet told him to
check the dates and rotate stock, he says {these are empty bottles you put back}. I said
{take the cap off and check the seals}. He checked bottle after bottle {seals still intact},
He said if I hadn't been here to see this for myself I never would have believed it, damn
near everyone is empty, evaporated. {How come you still have them on the self? { The
boss didn't want to throw away might need it he thought, so there those stayed.}