• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK200 LC

Ncjetskier

I am new to to the forum and just purchased my first excavator for farm use. The machine has several issues such as non of the hydraulics work and the machine will not turn over from turning the key. I can jump the starter and the engine runs good. When I turn the key in the cab, all I hear is a click behind the seat. Would this be a relay problem, a starter solenoid that has gone bad? How can I narrow the problem down? Thanks for any help.

LACHAU

I am new to to the forum and just purchased my first excavator for farm use. The machine has several issues such as non of the hydraulics work and the machine will not turn over from turning the key. I can jump the starter and the engine runs good. When I turn the key in the cab, all I hear is a click behind the seat. Would this be a relay problem, a starter solenoid that has gone bad? How can I narrow the problem down? Thanks for any help.
There is a lot of model Kobelco excavator SK200LC.
You should mention the serial number of your machine or take a picture of the machine's monitor let we can help you.

04.jpg
06.jpg
08.png

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Been a while since I worked on a mark 4 but from memory there is a starter safely solenoid which is usually the problem. Take down the belly plate under the engine and as you look from the back of the machine forward it should be mounted on the cross member in front ot the sump. Check have you power here with key in start position. As for the non functional hydraulics take down the belly plate underneath the cab and you will see a manifold with three solenoids bolted to the manifold directly under the cab door. The rear most solenoid should be your dead man solenoid( I think) check if there is power coming to solenoid with safety lever down. If you have power to solenoid push in the little button in the middle of the solenoid and if the hydraulics come live then solenoid is faulty

Ncjetskier

I located the battery relay on the frame and next to it is a heater relay. Both go to the starter. I will put a test light to see if I get voltage when the key is turned on the battery relay. I am trying to figure out which of the relays near the CPU is the starter relay.

Ncjetskier

Thanks for the schematic (it really helps with the red outlining the circuit). I know the fuse was blown that goes to the key SW, but when we replaced the fuse it did not blow or make a difference. I know I am getting current to the starter as I can jump the machine at the starter. There are two relays near the ECU. I think the starter relay has four blades for the plug. I will try to see if I get current out of the relay when the switch is turned. I wish I knew enough to "jump" the connection or the relay to see if that is my problem.

Ncjetskier

Hey Paul. Do you have an image or picture of the terminals? My wiring schematic does not have any numbers. I did call Company Wrench and they wanted $750 for a starter relay. Ouch

BigWrench55

That doesn't necessarily mean that the relay is bad because it starts when you jump those wires. It only means that those wires are still good. You will have to test your other inputs to know if the relay is bad. If all other inputs test good then the relay is bad.

Ncjetskier

Update: The starter solenoid located under the tractor was bad (thanks Kobelco Ireland - post #4). I replaced the solenoid and it now starts by using the key. However, the machine will not shut off when turning the key in the off position. The electronics in the cab also do not turn off.

The problem with the hydraulics was due to the safety switch in the cab located under the locking handle to the left of the seat. The switch was completely removed. I completed the circuit with a bridge wire and will be replacing the switch.

All of the hydraulics move painfully slow. Not sure if it is a stuck hydraulic solenoid, the pump or the computer. This is the next problem that I need to figure out.

Aubrey Phillips

Update: The starter solenoid located under the tractor was bad (thanks Kobelco Ireland - post #4). I replaced the solenoid and it now starts by using the key. However, the machine will not shut off when turning the key in the off position. The electronics in the cab also do not turn off.

The problem with the hydraulics was due to the safety switch in the cab located under the locking handle to the left of the seat. The switch was completely removed. I completed the circuit with a bridge wire and will be replacing the switch.

All of the hydraulics move painfully slow. Not sure if it is a stuck hydraulic solenoid, the pump or the computer. This is the next problem that I need to figure out.
Glad to hear you got the starter figured out. I’m having the same issue with my sk135 with not shutting off with the key.

You may try doing an “AB” adjustment once the “A” adjustment is complete it will show FINISHED with the RPM then it should on some models go into the “B” adjustment which will load test the pump then computer will shut machine down. Once that’s done its complete with the “AB” adjustment.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Has your machine Cummins or mitsubishi engine. Cummins would have a stop solenoid, mitsubishi would use stepper motor to stop engine. Can you read idle rpm and max rpm on your dash. Your machine (mark 4) only has A-adjustment and needs a special cable plugged into the controller to carry out the adjustment

Ncjetskier

I have a Cummins Engine. Now I reach behind the fuel pump and starve the engine to cut it off. Can you point me in the direction of the "A Adjustment" and do I need a diagnostic computer to do this? My instrument guage is very basic. Also, I did not see a stop solenoid in the parts manual, is this located next to the starter solenoid? Thanks for the help, I am new to excavators!!!

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Can you post up a picture of your injection pump. The stop solenoid will be located at injection pump. If you push the buzzer stop button three times the rpm should appear on screen.

LACHAU

I have a Cummins Engine. Now I reach behind the fuel pump and starve the engine to cut it off. Can you point me in the direction of the "A Adjustment" and do I need a diagnostic computer to do this? My instrument guage is very basic. Also, I did not see a stop solenoid in the parts manual, is this located next to the starter solenoid? Thanks for the help, I am new to excavators!!!
According to your machine serial number, It is SK200LC mark IV M/C "minor change".
Therefore you should follow the procedure "A" adjustment for M/C machine.
I'm sure that after you perform "A" adjustment, then you can turn off the engine by key.
Good luck.

Attachments

• SK200LC Mark IV Mechatro Adjustments.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
The A-adjustment for your machine only sets low and high rpm. Shutting down engine is done with a stop solenoid. Post picture of injection pump and we can point out the stop solenoid