• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komat'su PC60-7 --Just Purchased Used--Some Questions

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
They returned his money. It’s now a new transaction. They can do anything they want.

Welder Dave

Once there is an offer and acceptance is considered a contract. There clearly was in this case. The question is whether or not to pursue a breach of contract suit. Most times the lawyers take all the money. Certainly worth reporting though.

Mark A Weiss

Breach of contract. Well said, Welder Dave!

I have a similar solution with a EPDM roof coatings company whose product failed after 2 years but was warranted for 15 and the company passed the buck to their manufacturer, who ignored me. 'Been asking attorneys to look into it, but they're ignoring me too.

I looked at Rio Tracks, but I could not afford the asking price.

I did manage to get Monster Tracks to confirm the right size and that there are two tracks for my $3395. Keeping fingers crossed that this actually arrives.

This is only one of six major problems I'm dealing with on various fronts. It's been a terrible month.

Welder Dave

I had a course on basic law back in school. If something is mutually agreed upon by both parties and there is an offer and acceptance, constitutes a contract. A so called friend agreed to buy a garden tractor from me and I even let him use it for a couple month's. He could pay in stages if he preferred. Kept saying he'd pay me and even broke the cable that engages the blades. I went to collect the money and he had some other excuse. I picked the machine up but could have sued him instead. Didn't want the bad blood between us but I will not help him with anything anymore. I have done a lot of welding and helping him and his brothers repair stuff on the farm. I will not sell anything to anyone without cash up front! The other problem is you can win in court but if the other party doesn't pay, you have to go through more BS. Your case is a little different and a court could have ordered them to supply the tracks at the agreed upon price.

Include the cost of shipping vs free shipping when comparing prices. It sounds like you may have found the best price on tracks though. Hopefully they don't screw you around like the 1st place.

Mark A Weiss

Thank you for the mini course in contract law. I agree, but it would be too much of a hassle. I'm swamped at the moment, plus I'm too old for this crap. I need less turbulence at this stage of life. One of the reasons I bought the machine is pressure from the wife, who's concerned seeing me move 120 yrds of fill with nothing but a shovel and wheelbarrow last year. To the good, I lost 20 lbs. To the bad, there's still a ton more work to do.

That price is delivered. If it arrives, I'll consider it a miracle, considering everyone else is asking $4400 to $6500 now. Dealers are telling me the price goes up every week.

Welder Dave

Hopefully no problems getting the tracks from this outfit. Unfortunately there are some companies that have some pretty shady business practices and they play the odds that no one is going to call them on it. Now if a customer happened to be a lawyer or had a friend or relative that was a lawyer, then it might be worth the hassle.
I had a coupon for a free oil change. I went to the place and of course they're trying to sell me other stuff I didn't need. When they were done tried to charge me for extra oil saying the free oil change only allowed for 4 litres. When I asked them where it says that on the coupon, they got kind of snooty and said "we'll let it go this time". It has to clearly outlined if there are any conditions or restrictions on the coupons. It just said free oil and filter with their standard oil. If I would have wanted synthetic oil they could have charged extra.

Welder Dave

Sometimes it may take a day or 2 depending on how busy they are and when the shipper picks them up. Being they're heavy would need a different truck than the standard truck that picks up small packages.

Mark A Weiss

I sure hope you're right! Trying to buy tracks for this machine has been fraught with many false starts, delays and cancellations from various vendors.
If I ever make it through this calamity, I hope to never see any other problems with this machine for a good number of operation hours.

Welder Dave

More than 1 supplier screwed you over? You will still have things to repair but you could on a new machine too. You hope it's simpler things like blowing a hose or needing a new battery.

Mark A Weiss

I got this e-mail from the financing company tonight:

"– MonsterTires.com has processed your order, and your loan has been confirmed!"

I guess they were waiting for the financing to go through. $566/month. Considering my SS is $730/month, that's gonna be tough. Thankfully my much younger wife is still earning income at a job.

In the meantime, their listing for that track, the price dropped about a grand and "/track" appears next to it. So it appears the new price is per track, because it's doubtful that two tracks would be selling for $2340.

Hopefully I'll have two new tracks next week.

In the meantime, I greased the heck out of the swing bearing after reading how expensive they are to replace! Both fittings, then swung the house around a few times and greased again till it oozed out some of the old grease.

I'm anxious to get back to pond dredging. I spent the week out there with my chain saw cutting up a double oak that was felled last year whose tops cover the pond. Almost done clearing that out. I'll get my GoPro camera strapped on when I go do that project and post some video soon. If I get the new tracks installed.

Mark A Weiss

I don't think the swing bearing needs lots of grease pushed out.

I was reading up on a couple of threads on this forum, and they, and a maintenance video on Youtube, said the major reason for bearing failures is lack of grease. They went on to say that new grease should be pumped in in sufficient quantities to push out the old grease and that the old grease should be inspected for metal particles/slivers. It makes sense.
The other thing I need to do is inspect the play on the bearing. It's said that 0.035" is new and 0.050" of play is typical for an older bearing. I need to get a gauge and measure it to make sure it's still good. In the meantime, grease the heck out of it and hope it is going to last with no troubles.

Still no shipment tracking on the tracks though..

Mark A Weiss

I saw a video where someone had a seal on a Hitachi excavator that had fallen down and they were using silicone adhesive to fix it back in place.
Another site said to put in enough grease to push out the old grease. Conflicting info is no good. I probably pumped each fitting 30 times or more. So I guess the grease is adequate.

Welder Dave

That sounds like a lot of grease. Hopefully it didn't blow any seals out. Still should try and clean up all the grease that was pushed out. It's a magnet for dirt and you don't want that to get into the bearing. I don't think you'd find a better site on heavy equipment than this one. I'd bet money on it. There's a ton of knowledge and more importantly years and years of experience on here. If you're getting conflicted info or not sure, just ask before proceeding. Going to different sites just muddies the water.