• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L190 New Holland Lame Pilot Drive Control Help

GGME

Hello, new to the forum did some searching but wasn't able to find much. My land lord has a 2006 New Holland L190 Skid Steer that needs some love, he said if I fix it I can take it out on a couple projects so I'm up for the task. I've got plenty of hours wrenching in a garage, but the world of hydraulics is new to me.

I've made a quick youtube video explaining the issue but basically the left hand pilot control has a mind of its own sometimes and will go the left when you want it to go right. Also sometimes its slow to engage or not at all and other times it engages just fine. Seems like reverse is the most lame. Any ideas on what to do? I changed the hydraulic filter out today as I was told that was step one. Someone mentioned checking the line pressure but I'm not sure how to do it. I was told that someone previously had pulled the little buttons/plungers out and cleaned them and that fixed the issue for a while. Also what are the buttons / caps called? On the bucket side controls they are leaking bad and I want to try and find new ones / o rings for it so it won't ruin my pants every time I hop in it.

Let me know if you can help or can steer me in the right direction.