• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest machine I have ever seen in New England.,

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
In New England a Cat 385 is a rare beast, the typical "big" machine being a Cat 345 or 350, Volvo 460, or Komatsu 400. Working the medium strip at exit 2 of I93 in NH was a Hatachi EX 1200. I came by a few hours later it was gone. How do you hide that size machine?

Who is the prime contractor at this excavation? Anyone know?

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
If you happen to find out who that excavator belongs to, or where it is, please post it. I'd love to see one of those up close.

nedly05

It must have taken up the whole median didnt it???:eek: I would think to move that machine it would take longer than a few hours to break it down and load it. Would love to see some pics!

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
I know White con. has a 385 not sure about the 1200.

Last edited:

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
That's Exit #3 not exit 2 off I93, My mistake

It must have taken up the whole median didnt it???:eek: I would think to move that machine it would take longer than a few hours to break it down and load it. Would love to see some pics!

See Fact sheet.pdf at:
http://www.rebuildingi93.com/content/maps/projectstatus/exit3sb/

I93 median is about 1/4 mile wide at that point, a huge quarry that is being rock mined for material for the I93 widening project.
PS
Middlesex Corp is the contractor, just the #3 exit ramp reconfiuration is a $25 M project.

Last edited:

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
Waling EX1200

actually the machine belongs to cairns excavating they are walking that thing all over between exit 2 & 3

Really,

That can't be good for the UC. I was think of applying for an Engineering position @ Cairns. They must have some bucks to own a newish looking large machine like that and not be afraid to use it.

I wonder how large is the bucket?

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Moving dirt D.W. White can move some dirt, J. Derenzo could, they had 2 or 3 375s, a 750, and an 800. Then you have Testa with 8 or 9 1250s. There are some big earthmovers in Mass.

diggerman57

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I think that must be it. That's awesome that you found pictures of it. Thanks JimBruce42. Now all I have to do is convince the bride to go for a ride to see the leaves changing color and coincidentally drive by the job.

glenhd

That little girl is just north of exit 3 in the woods.She is not new, repaint but in good shape.Wish i knew how to post pics on this site would put some up..

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
That little girl is just north of exit 3 in the woods.She is not new, repaint but in good shape.Wish i knew how to post pics on this site would put some up..

Hey Glen,

I'm sure that there is a post on how, but i'll give a quick crash course.

First get the photos on your computer (that's gonna depend on your comptuer and camera, and stuff I don't get:bash)

Now when you post a comment click on the "manage attachments" button. Another window should pop up, with spaces for either url or file attachments. You'll click the "Browse" button under attachments and find where ever you saved your photos on your computer... click the one(s) you want (up to five) and then click "upload". Most cases they will go through and show up on the reply window... then just click reply and you should be set.:drinkup

XL4300X

The company I work for LM Holdings have a 600 and 800 in our fleet. Gioso, I don't think I'm spelling it right, has a 375 also. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

glenhd

You know that Continental Paving has got an EX-1100 and a EX-1200 shovels one is in Hudson Quarry and one in the Litchfield Quarry.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
continental also had there 365 on 93 last year and thats cairns 1200 they have had it for ever i remember when i was a kid they had it in bow grappone in bow digging the fish run from the pond at honda to the river. t quip has a few 800s and 750s. and i know aggregate industries in raymond has a big something but couldnt tell you what it is

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
New England is not the Tar Sands

I bet the guys up in Edmondton are chuckeling over a "large" EX1200.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
yeah i got excited seeing the 385 on my job and my uncle just left a job in alberta and it was a small excuvator there. they had a pc 8000 loading i wish i load one truck with that . thats all i ask

New Extreme Vehicle TV Series Seeks Excavators

New Extreme Vehicle TV Series wants to feature Excavators!

We'd like to feature big, heavy excavators, particularly if they are used for demolition applications or available for such applications. This show will air on a major cable network.

Interested individuals and corporations are encouraged to contact us directly:

jason.watt@liontv.us

thanks!

glenhd

Aggregate has a Cat 990 in Raymond and Brox has got a 992 in Dracut..

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 834
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 812
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 821
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg