• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Largest machine I have ever seen in New England.,

Cat IT38H

Occupation
Grade Foreman
Exit 3 in NH

There is actually two separate contracts on I-93 at exit 3. Middelsex Corp, their project is the exit three construction which has 442,000 CY of ledge and 181,000 CY of common X. They have a brand new 365 CL and several 345CL , BL on the project. They also bought 6 new Cat 740 Rock Trucks and a new D8T.

George R. Cairns and Sons, Inc. won the more recent project which is the construction of a new main line barrel between the existing NB and SB barrels. There is 417,000 CY of ledge on this phase and 355,000 CY of common X. The projects cost is 25.9 million dollars. Cairns has their Hitachi 1200, 1 Cat 345CL, 2 345BL, Cat 330DL with GPS, D9R with GPS, D8R with GPS, and I believe 5 Cat 773. There is a lot more nice iron on the project, to much to list. I heard through the grape vine the NH DOT has having difficulty because Cairns is running GPS on everything and the state has not been able to adapt as quickly.

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
yes he was there till hey had that big melt last year and send alot of guys home