• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

regarding SPMiller's pictures #168 I see what looks like a Nicholson 10 deck loader in the background. I have worked on a lot of those ones, not common to be painted something other than green although Mac Blo, Roseburg lbr etc would get their colors if they wanted it. You got the money we can do it

csquared

Rb sure does a good job at hidin how houred up those machines are. Judging by the plates in the boom on the green ones its got a few hours. along with all 3 heads being first generaton 622b's they have all got the recall bracing in them along with all the other common cracks that happen on them, they have made a few logs in there time.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Rb sure does a good job at hidin how houred up those machines are. Judging by the plates in the boom on the green ones its got a few hours. along with all 3 heads being first generaton 622b's they have all got the recall bracing in them along with all the other common cracks that happen on them, they have made a few logs in there time.

There is no way that R.B. would paint something up to make it look showroom fresh! I wonder if they put new plastic on the seats, to go along with the 5 coat overhaul they gave them?

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I remember an Aviation auction held by someone many years ago on Vancouver airport. Every piece of garbage from up and down the west coast flew into the airport on a wing and a prayer. I watched these beat up Cessna 185's and DeHavilland Beavers come up the seaplane ramp and off they went to a big hangar down the way for sprucing up. Some of them had engines that only had a few hours before the required overhauls and the airframes weren't much better. A young guy with very few hours under his belt bought a very beaten Cessna 185 and brought it over to our hangar for some repairs. The aileron cables were laying slack in their runs. I asked him if he was married and had kids. He said no. I said good because you aren't going to live long flying this thing. It was amazing what a coat of paint would do to the value of these machines when they finally went up for bid.

KW850&T800H

COPPA

They didn't paint them at all...they were in forest condition.

DSCN9854.JPGDSCN9944.JPGDSCN9867.JPGDSCN9858.JPG

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
I think it's just that interior boys don't beat the **** out of machines that don't need to be beaten.

what are the hours like on em?

KW850&T800H

COPPA
I think it's just that interior boys don't beat the **** out of machines that don't need to be beaten.

what are the hours like on em?

We do sometimes have beaten up ones, look at that counter weight, not bad but I know there is worse.
The hours were almost equal on all, little more on the 2005's. Nice though.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
There is no reason a processor should be beaten up with even 15K hours on it. It's not like they are shovel logging with them. Paint wear on the counter balance is nothing, it is usually from a pile fo chunks from butt flushing.

csquared

those machines havent been painted but i could pretty well guarentee theres been work done. ( whether it was the owner or RB) Even washing a processor makes it look better. With the amount of hoses in those heads and the liters of hyd that runs to and back from the carrier there hydralic sprinklers. The drive arm stops have been rewelded or built up, most of the recall bracing from the first gen 622b is welded on as well as some more homemade stuff. Exhaust pipes have been replaced after hitch hikers have flattened them off. Theres a new side panel on one. dents in the hoods. the bent hand railing are expected from pulling and swingin logs around. Theres a few dints in the right front corner closer to the boom side, presumably from the head as well as on the cat walks.

And yes a processor should not look really rough at 15k hours, but internally there beat. Swing bearings, rotacs, swing motors, hyd pumps valve banks, rads, hoses, danfoss valves, electrical all goes to sh!t. U/C are about the only thing that is left at 15000 hours. Last year i ran a volvo 210bfx with 13 000 hours and it was constantly wearing through hoses on the head, valve bank and boom ( and a 2 inch hose from the coolers.. 9 pails on the ground in the time it took to make 3 logs.)and over heated all summer. Along with the electrical night mare of solonids and wires rubbing. but even this year im in a 1800hr deere 2154 and i still have a oring or a hose weeping somewhere once a week.