• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loaders, Limbers and Roadbuilders.

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
You see pretty much any configuration of thumb around here, from the mechanical ones to 4 fingered progressive thumbs, and anything and everything in between. I guess it really all depends on what the customer wants and what he can afford, what's available, etc. so no real rhyme or reason for it is my guess. My EX200-2 has a direct link 2 finger thumb and it works fine for what I do, I used a friends JD200 with a progressive link thumb a few years ago and while it reached around farther it didn't seem to have the gripping power that my direct link thumb does.
Now my next question for you is do you happen to have more pictures and info on the blade setup on the JD200 in those pictures? Is that the same one we discussed a few years ago in the 200 with a blade thread?
Cheers :)

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Okay that's what i meant. I have a question for you, what's with all the pin grabbers!

We have a slew of different buckets we run on our hoes. The 330's and smaller all have at least 4 different attachments for them. Swivel buckets, toothy buckets (big, small), hammers, and hoe packs. They are all set up with quick attach hyd. hoses. We scrafice a littlle bit, but its a hell of alot easier than beating pins back and forth a couple times a day. I once changed from a smooth face to a hoe pack 8 times one day on a 312.

cutting edge

You see pretty much any configuration of thumb around here, from the mechanical ones to 4 fingered progressive thumbs, and anything and everything in between. I guess it really all depends on what the customer wants and what he can afford, what's available, etc. so no real rhyme or reason for it is my guess. My EX200-2 has a direct link 2 finger thumb and it works fine for what I do, I used a friends JD200 with a progressive link thumb a few years ago and while it reached around farther it didn't seem to have the gripping power that my direct link thumb does.
Now my next question for you is do you happen to have more pictures and info on the blade setup on the JD200 in those pictures? Is that the same one we discussed a few years ago in the 200 with a blade thread?
Cheers :)

I think you could get a 225C or ZX225 with a blade special order,which tells me that there has to be a rotary manifold available to run a blade.

The aux plumbing part in the cab and CV and the fab and welding is the easy part...finding the manifold is the key.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Its a murican thing....

....and you have a Daequip thumb......nice gear IMO.
Like our pres. said awhile back..Us Americans have become lazy over the last decade!

And yes spitair, thats the same 200 we disscused a few years ago. I'll have a look and se if I can find a few more pictures of it. I hadnt been around that hoe for 3 years untill this last summer, and I had it on 3 different jobs. I'm sure theres a pic or two of it somewhere.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Heres a couple more pictures of that blade equiped 200. The blade is off an old 12F grader we scrapped out. The cylinders came of something?? The blade is plumped into a seperate circut in the hyd system, and is operated off of a Sure Grip on the left joystick.

Attachments

• 005 (3)1.jpg
    005 (3)1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,815
  • 008 (4)1.jpg
    008 (4)1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,812
  • 009 (5)1.jpg
    009 (5)1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,773

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
Accidentally took a picture of my thumb today.

386187_10150476454886903_511411902_9089659_1521584723_n.jpg

Only bummer is it doesn't close all the way with the clean bucket. That being said is, it's a little big of a machine to do finicky work with.. :pointhead:bash

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
(Post 387) Just wondering where these pics were taken? and wondering if that is a dugout for an oilfield lease? It looks like oilpatch country.

PFS

Occupation
Student
In a couple years time we're hoping to put a bucket on it, and used it to maintain trucking roads. we'll put a grapple back on it if we need some help shoveling.
SHOVEL 1.jpg

BDFT

Dinosaur 300 Komatsu that I'm running this winter. Yes that's the idler and the track I'm carrying with me. Needs new undercarriage. :D
300 Komatsu(1).jpg300 Komatsu(2).jpg

dirty4fun

Silly me I thoought those track things went around and around. How does it turn, pretty good one way. To funny, thanks for sharing.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Awesome! those 568's are a very impressive machine. The whole being able to dig and travel at the same time is old school Madill thinking at best! This is the first one I've seen in road builder mode. It still just baffeles me though the small buckets and non-link, two tine thumb. One of these days you Canadian's will get it together!!

csquared

568's look good. I'm surprised they are not vented by the hyd pump tho? looks like a 2 twine thumb so you can curl the stick in and not hit the boom with the thumb.
Will be interesting to see how the 568's and the new 5-8 series competes with the dhsp products. 320's are little light and dont have enough hyd and power to run a 622b. The 2054's and 200F's were leaps and bounds better processors and loaders than the 320c or d. Not even a close competition to compare them to a 2154 now. 324d fm's are about par with a 2154, yet the 324 with a 622b will run you at least 50k-75 more than a 2154.

I have got to get the picture uploader working and post our 21 and 2454s

lg junior

A 240LX with a Waratah head. Sorry about the bad picture but I have a hard time keeping up with him, not much time for a walk around.

photo3.jpg