• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

cat4ever

The 797B appears to have slided backwards due to the ground giving way under her rear-axle weight though. She didn't quite get stucked...:IMO

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
oh, well it looked like it was stuck:eek: by the way its not a 797b its a 769d:D bit smaller of a machine

Gavin84w

Obviously you guys do not know about that 793 that went for a swim, this was Mt Keith mine in WA and the operator drowned, quite a few years ago now.

JDOFMEMI

Gavin

Thanks for that tidbit. I wondered where it was.

Kind of figured it was a fatality, unless the driver had wings.

cat4ever

"oh, well it looked like it was stuck by the way its not a 797b its a 769d bit smaller of a machine" - oakland

stucked.jpg

It says 797B doesn't it? 'was this picture I was refering to.:naughty

biggerdigger

Occupation
Editor of Contractor, the magazine for New Zealand
Not the operator's fault - Mother Nature is to blame here. Guy was extracting gravel and the river came up unexpectedly overnight!

Attachments

• Digger in river-1.jpg
    Digger in river-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7,733
  • Digger in river-2.jpg
    Digger in river-2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8,065

HoJay

Just some stuck iron.

Attachments

• DSCN0180.jpg
    DSCN0180.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 7,919
  • DSCN0179.jpg
    DSCN0179.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 7,733
  • DSCN0317.jpg
    DSCN0317.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 7,709
  • Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 7,753
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 7,885

HoJay

The first two pics are of a versatile tractor thayt broke through the muskeg in northern alberta on a ice road, the tractor pulls an old tire from a 793 rock truck to pound frost into the ground after cats have opened up the road and have pulled smaller tires over for a few days. Third pick is a 9n that got stuck feeding muskeg to hoe to load out, ended up pulling it out with a 850 JD hoe. Bit of a pain becauce the back of the bucket had a loop instead of a hook and we didnt have a big clevis handy. Fourth is just a truck that got to close to the edge, the right hand side wheels where off the ground before the hoe got to him. Last one was just the cat filling the slope but it was soft at the bottom [ water at bottom of slope] and it just gave away on him. We pulled him out with a 330 hoe.

biggerdigger

Occupation
Editor of Contractor, the magazine for New Zealand
thats the underwaterest digger I ever seen.... where, who how?

I'm not sure who the contractor is - one of my readers spotted it and sent me the pics. It's a river in the Hawke's Bay in New Zealand. Apparently the digger had a contract to do some gravel extraction and the machine was left on the riverbed overnight when the river rose unexpectedly. Can't imagine the operator was too happy when he got to work the next day.

PSDF350

Not the operator's fault - Mother Nature is to blame here. Guy was extracting gravel and the river came up unexpectedly overnight!

I'm not sure who the contractor is - one of my readers spotted it and sent me the pics. It's a river in the Hawke's Bay in New Zealand. Apparently the digger had a contract to do some gravel extraction and the machine was left on the riverbed overnight when the river rose unexpectedly. Can't imagine the operator was too happy when he got to work the next day.
Sounds like operater error to me. I would not leave a machine so close to a river that it could swallow up a machine like that. Just becuase it isn't raining were you are dont mean up river it isn't jmo. But I have never worked on a river project so what do I know. I do remember watching westerns when younger and they always crossed the river before bedding down for the night just incase the river rose.

alco

Sounds like operater error to me. I would not leave a machine so close to a river that it could swallow up a machine like that. Just becuase it isn't raining were you are dont mean up river it isn't jmo. But I have never worked on a river project so what do I know. I do remember watching westerns when younger and they always crossed the river before bedding down for the night just incase the river rose.

I was thinking something along the same lines myself.

Brian