• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

HoJay

Hey Jim,
Those Adts are all a30s. I have a couple pics of the 850 but they are not very good, I took them on night shift but i will post some later and try to find some of our 850 hitachi.

Iron Horse

This is a shot of my 931 Cat traxcavator which fell through the crust and stopped on the clay about 3' down . I decided i was deep enough when my little dog walked straight onto the floor plates that were level with the ground and looked at me . I thought it's now time to go and have a beer and a think . I ended up putting a piece of short chain with a hook on one end around a front track plate and attached it to a 7/8" wire rope with an eye on each end . I ran the rope through a steel ring i grabbed with the 4in1 and then onto a tree (you can just see the rope through the ROPS and onto the tree). Put it in gear and wound the rope up on the track like a fishing reel . Came straight out , i think i even impressed the dog .:D

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 8,034
Last edited:

knucklehead98

This is mother nature at her best.

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...d=get&cG=2333837343&zu=3233383734&v=2&gV=0&p=

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...d=get&cG=2333639343&zu=3233363934&v=2&gV=0&p=

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...d=get&cG=2333530373&zu=3233353037&v=2&gV=0&p=

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...d=get&cG=2333331333&zu=3233333133&v=2&gV=0&p=

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...d=get&cG=2333138353&zu=3233313834&v=2&gV=0&p=

http://www.stripmine.org/cgi-bin/an...cG=2323539313&zu=3232353931&v=2&gV=1&p=#22591

This is a link to on another board, that is from ta employee of that mine. He has it very well documented. I don't know if I missed any of the threads or not. If you have time, search through the archives on that site for anything from "parksy", he even has photo documented the building of a new dragline. Pretty interesting stuff,I thought.

Last edited:

Twisted

Lil blue

Not Yellow but A friend of mine got himself into a predicament this past weekend.

Attachments

• taylor kodak 004.jpg
    taylor kodak 004.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 7,567
  • taylor kodak 005.jpg
    taylor kodak 005.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 7,566

Smitty

Occupation
Ag Engineer
Wow! There is some crazy stuff in this thread. It makes me want to be a little more careful - especially when I start thinking about the expense of getting some of these things unstuck.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Some of these pictures make me wonder what what going through the operators minds when they got stuck? Sure I have got my fair share of tractors stuck, and sometimes it happens, but the NH?????? That was bad, he must of thought it floated!!!

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
you gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette. we will all swamp a machine at some point, so if you get smug you will get swamped worse.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Some of these pictures make me wonder what what going through the operators minds when they got stuck? Sure I have got my fair share of tractors stuck, and sometimes it happens, but the NH?????? That was bad, he must of thought it floated!!!

I can't speak for them, but last time I got a machine stuck I was thinking, "Does he (the foreman) really think this machine can go there?" Just doing what I was told.

Last edited:

Twisted

I believe he was on his way to pick up the aluminum can that is sitting in front of his left rear tire.:D:beatsme:D

Long story behind this one too but its out & we all had a good chuckle about it afterwords.

Twisted

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
This is a shot of my 931 Cat traxcavator which fell through the crust and stopped on the clay about 3' down . I decided i was deep enough when my little dog walked straight onto the floor plates that were level with the ground and looked at me . I thought it's now time to go and have a beer and a think . I ended up putting a piece of short chain with a hook on one end around a front track plate and attached it to a 7/8" wire rope with an eye on each end . I ran the rope through a steel ring i grabbed with the 4in1 and then onto a tree (you can just see the rope through the ROPS and onto the tree). Put it in gear and wound the rope up on the track like a fishing reel . Came straight out , i think i even impressed the dog .:D

That beer definetly lubricated the part that needed it the most :D well thought out, planned and executed. Heard of it being done but by the time I learnt of the trick I had progressed to something with an arm and bucket, though I am sure my time will come :D :drinkup

ME83

Seeing what it takes to get these tracked equipment stuck makes me want to go buy a dozer and "test" the traction limit. I am always pulling one tractor out with another. So far it has only taken me a hour to get my worst stuck out.

oisinirish

Testing the limits of traction on your tracked machine will definitely enhance your education!..
We had a brand new D8n get stuck in a lake we were building when we hit an underground spring. The rear end sank to to the fuel tank and she started sliding deeper and deeper. The Pc400 had barely enough to halt the slide. we ended up chaining railroad ties to tracks. We got it out but Holy Frijoles what a heart attack at first.

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Now that I've seen all these photos and read the stories i don't feel so bad after all about some of my own escapades. I've had some serious stuck situations before but well before digital cameras luckily!

Sharky

I have been stuck in a dozer more times than I care to remember. Snapped 7/8 cable, and many 3/4'' ones, ripped down 4' (At the butt) trees,along with others, just trying to get out. I have had the foot controls in the mud more than once. I slowly learned a little, but still get stuck on occasion. The muskegs here are very decieving. Corduroy roadways leading up to a knob that needs ripped. Suddenly, the logs below shift or snap and your Burried!

Building logging roads across a heavily saturated muskeg is the worse. Everything is great, until suddenly yer F#$%%.:Banghead Man, I wish I had taken more pics over the years.

Iron Horse

I think the worst part is dropping the belly plates to get all the ooze that has surrounded everything back out . The best way to get a dozer out (if you can get to the tracks) is to chain a log or similar accross both tracks . Start to apply some torque keeping your hands away from the steering levers and it should bury the log and drag you out the length of the tracks . You should be by now sitting on the other logs you dragged into position before hand .