• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My barn transformation.

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Everything fits in one at a time. I have about 35' depth before the loft and 22' height. The large over head is 14' x 14'.

The waste was my original plan but you need about a gallon/hour so that does add up to a lot of oil, more than I produce. I found it hard to find a good supply of waste oil, most people, if they produce a lot, use it for heat and to move oil over the road in New York you would need permits, a lot of red tape etc. Still looking.

I have about 5 acres of topsoil about 1' to 2' deep, I have thought about selling it off. My guess is about 3,500 yards per acre times 5 is 17,500 yards at $20 per yards would be $350,000, correct me if I am wrong please. I think the town might not like the idea.

Thanks again everyone for the kind words!

Well if you strip a little at a time and fill in with dirt from other jobs i dont think they'd mind. In my town any cut or fill over 3' requires a permit. But thats more of a landscape job ;) . I wish i had loam at my shop it was all ledge.

jmac

I hate to leave all that money just sitting around waiting for me to dig it up. I would need a small screen box, maybe someday at a sale I could buy one cheap. Did you ever consider that bare land could be worth more than the land in topsoil? !! :eek:

rabbit16

congradulations on the barn renovation. My uncle and the rest of my family redid his barn to store his tractor in and we also use it as a hunting loge for the winter months but it gets pretty cold because we dont have insulation in it but its still a great place to hang out in.

dumptrucker

I hate to leave all that money just sitting around waiting for me to dig it up. I would need a small screen box, maybe someday at a sale I could buy one cheap. Did you ever consider that bare land could be worth more than the land in topsoil? !! :eek:

Best way to sell land is by the bucket full!:D Just get a couple of cows out there and tell the town that you are grading off the area for drainage for farming. They will probably leave you alone. But then again we are taling NY.:rolleyes: