• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need help with Komatsu Bucket and implement information

theuguruofnothing

I just bought a 2012 KOMATSU PC308USLC-3. I need to get a rock pick that will fit and I have used my (probably horrible) Google-Fu to try and find a quality one. I do not have delivery on the machine yet... that won't happen for a week or so, so I can't physically measure the pin spacing and diameter that is on it. I can't even find any helpful information from Komatsu or a bucket manufacturer as it seems that the PC308 is a unicorn or too old for anyone to care? Dunno. Does anyone have the magic decoder ring for Komatsu? I have found a single tooth ripper made by Emaq for a PC400 that has dimensions for pins and stuff but can find ZERO links to a like ripper that says anything about a PC308. Will this interchange, maybe?

My machine has a hydraulic quick connect unit on it for the bucket/implement changes and I have no idea if it was a factory Komatsu unit or not.... so probably unhelpful. The ad for the machine is still up so maybe something that someone with a keen eye could use to assist. https://www.proxyequipment.com/listings/1989987-used-2012-komatsu-pc308uslc-3

coalrulz

Attached has dimensions for a PC308USLC-3E0. Serial number would help determine if it a -3 or -3E0.

Attachments

• PC308USLC-3E0.pdf
    162.7 KB · Views: 4

theuguruofnothing

That alone tells me a lot. Thank you very much for that. I will take a look at the sales contract when I get back to it tomorrow and post the serial number. If I am reading this correctly, the pin diameter for the bucket pins is 80mm and the spread is 442mm (or 446mm depending on which page you look at) so that means about 17.4 inches. The PC400 is actually 100mm pin diameter and 21 inch spread so the ripper I was looking at would not fit - too large. I will look further then.

Might you by chance know what the USLC stands for? And the EO as well. Trying to learn as much about this thing as I can.

coalrulz

US=Ultra Short - designation given to reduced tail swing machines
LC= Long Undercarriage - most Komatsu excavators available in North America are of the longer undercarriage variety. Usually one extra track roller vs the non-LC.

coalrulz

By serial number you have a -3, 30001 and up show to be -3E0's.

Attached are pin up dimensions for the -3's.

Attachments

• PC308USLC-3 Pin Up Dimensions.pdf
    127.3 KB · Views: 3

theuguruofnothing

That is awesome! Thank you for the PDF's. It appears that the numbers are the same for bucket pin diameter and spread are the same between -3 and -3EO models. You have been a great help. Thank you so much.