• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new Deere 'G" series

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
No, that doesn't sound right. I would double check the source.

Scott
The City of Redoubt bought a new Deere G Series, but I heard the electronic governor shorted out causing the engine to over rev and blow up!!!! Not Good...:cool:

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I know a Rural Municipalty that just got there JD 770G yesterday. They were going to try it out today. They got the one with regular controls. I guess scared to get the new stick type controls and steering. We'll see what they thing of it once they start running it full time.
Will report at a later date.

Right Wing

Snow Wing for G-Series Deere

I have some nice photos of a Snow Wing installed on one of the new G-Series Deere's. If I could figure out how to attach to these posts, I'd attach them for reference.

Right Wing

Snow Wing for new Deere motorgrader

Finally tracked down that wing photo. If you'd like to see some more, contact me at [email protected] and I'll forward them.

Attachments

• G Alpha Unit Fresh Snow 014.jpg
    G Alpha Unit Fresh Snow 014.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 456
  • G Alpha Unit Fresh Snow 011.jpg
    G Alpha Unit Fresh Snow 011.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 454

Madcanadian

Occupation
Grader Operator
Comparison

Here is a pic of the 872D, a little easier to compare.

Attachments

• P1210001.jpg
    P1210001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 448
  • P1210003.jpg
    P1210003.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 451

G Model

Occupation
salesman
great pictures

Thanks for posting the pictures guys. I think you can now have alot more info on Deere's website about the new models.

thanks
Scott

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
A report on the new JD 770G that a RM bought a couple weeks ago.
They say it seems to have the power and should get even better as they put more hours on.
One thing that they said was that there was a lot of rattles inside the cab and it was very annoying. The levers rattled the worse of all the rattles.
Also there was a annoying whine in the tranmission or rear end when in in the higher gears. They said it was even louder then the other 770CH Deere that they traded in
I guess there is no perfect grader.
I'll report more as I find out.

Right Wing

G Series cab noise

The first G-Series grader I saw operating had just the opposite complaint from the operator. He got hung up in a snowbank and thought he had killed the machine. So he ground on the starter because it was so quiet in the cab, he couldn't tell it was still running. I doubt there's much rattling of the standard levers and controls and the joystick version is all contained in the seat armrests, so I don't see much rattling around happening there, either.

CAT140H

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
This one has the standard levers and he said that the levers were one of the things that were really rattling. I quess they should get the service man out.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
This one has the standard levers and he said that the levers were one of the things that were really rattling. I quess they should get the service man out.

That is odd. My D model has no rattles in the levers. I did notice the rack seems to have a little more movement than our previous C model but no rattles.

As to powertrain noise, I agree with the earlier post. Can't rely on hearing to monitor engine speed. I can only feel rpms slightly in the seat, the cab is extremely quiet. I know they revamped the transmission in the G model. Maybe that has created some high speed whine?? The D certainly doesn't have that. Smoothest transmission on the market I believe.