• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New to HEF

Roosterw9

Hello all ,
I’m a new member to hef , after a couple of years of acquiring answers here for various projects I figured I would join too seek and share some knowledge ,
Is anyone on here in British Columbia ?
I just purchased a 1975 case 580B ck and am having the power shuttle issues , It was leaking out the front and back of the torque tube when I got it , it would move forward and backwards with fluid but would leak out quickly, I split it and resealed it but now it won’t engage at all , im considering drilling the hole to access the pickup screen for the pump , but am curious as to the correct measurement, I’ve seen 3 and 3.5 inches just wondering if anyone has got it pinpointed yet , thanks in advance and I’m excited to be a part of this group

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Hey Roosterw9 welcome to HEF, I'm not from BC but I have a question. Did you use silicone on gasket areas? Also when you crank up the machine does it sound like the shuttle pump is starving for oil. The answer to your question about how far the screen is from the torque tube I think would be around 1" to 2".