• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Nice load O logs

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Nice load O logs:

Dread Lock headed grub of a thing

Just saw that again Iron Horse... that's almost too good of a description.

I think I'll remember that for a long, long time... :laugh... :laugh

OCR

OCR

Occupation
Nice load O logs:

And that's the politically correct term for them ...

Gotcha, Iron Horse,

And, too good just means; you couldn't have said it better... politically correct ... or other wise... :thumbsup... :thumbsup

How did the... grub of a thing... :laugh... :laugh... ever get out of the pipe?

OCR

Sharky

OCR you from any ware around the Flathead? I know that area sure looks a lot like here except it is a bit dryer. I have seen some big loads there in my time.

Sharky, is there still any old equipment around Whitestone? I was told there use to be an old AW grader out there that belong to Bicknell.

I dont recall seeing one, though we did haul alot of scrap out of there, it may have got loaded on one of the many bargeloads. I worked for Bicknell back in 92,93 and remember the old AW they had then, wonder if it is the same one your thinking of. Most of their old iron got sold, went to Afognak, or we scrapped it. Barney got the rest of it after he bought the shop and stuff. I have some old Pacific log truck pics and a few 850 K Dubs that were still around a little over a year ago.

Iron Horse

How did the... grub of a thing... :laugh... :laugh... ever get out of the pipe?

OCR

:D:D One of the stupe's realized he was the one trusted with the key and unlocked him .

To get an idea of how far these vermin will go , a guy from different logging company tried to push a track around a similar blockade so the trucks could get through . Another grub got up into the tree so he could'nt push it over while his breeding partner put her baby behind the track so he could'nt reverse the tractor . Grub in the tree then proceeded to urinate on the bonnet of the dozer . I think if it were me i would have dug a big hole for the caring parents and taken the baby to a orphanage .

OCR

Occupation
:D:D One of the stupe's realized he was the one trusted with the key and unlocked him .

To get an idea of how far these vermin will go , a guy from different logging company tried to push a track around a similar blockade so the trucks could get through . Another grub got up into the tree so he could'nt push it over while his breeding partner put her baby behind the track so he could'nt reverse the tractor . Grub in the tree then proceeded to urinate on the bonnet of the dozer . I think if it were me i would have dug a big hole for the caring parents and taken the baby to a orphanage .

:falldownlaugh... probably forever... :laugh... :laugh

OCR... :laugh

Paul W

Whitestone

Sharky, I thought that trailer with the rack on the front looked familiar..... I worked for Whitestone in the '90's.... Didnt know they had gone under. Sad thing to hear. Worked with some really good people. Whitestone has just started logging at Kake when I moved on..... Probably '99 or 2000....
I remember the name you mentioned "Greens Creek Mine". Always sounded like a good outfit to work for. Is there still much logging going on in Southeast? I'll have to see if I can dig up some of my pics.... Paul

danocheese

Couple of greenie stories:

I was doing some communications work out in Quincy California and the manager told me about an episode. The greenies steal a brand new Fo service truck Yank down a gate and drive 14 miles up to the top of Claremont. They then take a saw and notch all three legs of a joint UP railroad/Forrest service wood tower. They break into the communications room and take an axe to the equipment. No train dispatches and worse no cable TV for Quincy. They then drive the truck back down to the gate dropping trees behind them as they go. The last deed was to pull the oil plug and let the truck run.

I received a ticket from the Kaliphoney pine cone cops for cutting 14 small trees instead of 11 as the permit said. Funny thing is 6 weeks later they cleared the lot for a building and cut the rest. I had to pant two trees to recover the mistake.