• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Now THESE are treehuggers....

Wolf

THat is an awesome video. Would love to smack those those tree huggers hard. Hit them down with some big yellow iron. Right on bro.

GET VIOLENT WITH THEM.

Wolf

These people are not in there right mind. They hate humans and all man kind. They don't want to see progress.
A few years ago, a enviro-nutjob group set fire to a Oregon logging contractors fleet of trucks. What was the point they were trying to make? Look at all the pollution they put into the air when all the tires and oil, and fuel caught on fire These groups have spiked trees, killing and injuring the folks who WORK, (unlike themselves) at the saw mills. They have cut hydraulic hoses on loaders and skidders, shot holes in oil pans and the like, letting the oil just run down the road into a creek or river. All for the sake of "SAVING THE PLANET"
These are the people that need stopped, not the poor b*****d out here trying to make a living with what the Good Lord has given us!
Jason

I agree, Jason, they are a bunch of nut cases. And spiking trees is the worst. That really hurts people.

By the way, what's the snake crusing tally up to now? Funny bit.

Monte1255

Occupation
Farming/forestry/TSI
Hey Guys......all seriousness here....that video is nothing to be dissmissed. I am currently working in two fields here, one of land clearing and reclamation and the other is Dairy Farming, We've got these nuts all over the place, So take heed they are whacked and not in their right mind, they do not care about the family who's house got burned down or livelihood destroyed because someone let the cows out in protest of animal confinement.

Iron Horse

If they only knew how many trees are felled and hauled to town so the tax man can take a third of the profit to finance these dole budging cretins by way of handouts and free medical etc . Not only are they a burden on the world/environment by not doing their share of the work load , they also demand to be paid .

Now where's that jar of Bull ants ?:D

Dualie

Ok i just got back in from knocking down a tree in my back yard for spite. Now i really want to fire up the weed whacker and take it to those idiots extremity's.

special tool

Ok i just got back in from knocking down a tree in my back yard for spite. Now i really want to fire up the weed whacker and take it to those idiots extremity's.

:lmao
That's funny.
Just a couple hours ago I was talking to a friend who is considering a lot on a local island - its high and the land drops off steeply.
Well, we all know how to give his kids more backyard.....but I told him that probably the wind will strategically knock down those tall pines to ensure an excellent view of the lake for his wife.
They might be curious with the gouged up bark......"beavers", he said.
"25 feet up?", I said.
Does anyone here have picture of a climbing beaver?

Hendrik

The other side of the coin is the unregulated destruction of forests in the the third world, as opposed to commercial felling operations which are regulated.

grandpa

A few years back I got a call from a local logger stating he needed my excavator as soon as possibe. Seems he had inadvertantly blew some wood chips from his chipper and an environmentalist had observed the chips land in a small pot hole. So I loaded it up hauled out about 15 miles, unloaded and walked it back into the site about 2 miles.
A man from the DNR was there to show me what to do. I made about a dozen rakes with the bucket along the bottom of the pond and deposited the material on high ground. The DNR man said that should take care of it and that I was free to go. I left the site with all being well in the world and a chuckle to myself.... All the wood chips had floated to the other end of the pond and all the time there was an active beaver house about 20 feet from the site of the recovery. LOL This is a true story!

geneb

We just had to start using silt fence. One guy wanted it on the opposite side of the road we were working on. State workers also think water runs up hill.

Wolf

knocking down trees

how big was the tree you knocked down for spite, dualie. I hope those tree huggers eat their hearts out when they see you knocking it down. LOL. you should invite them to watch you doing the destruction, man.

Wolf

It wasnt much of a tree but it was the best i could do on short notice

good job, dualie. hope you pissed off the tree huggers real good man.

thanks for the heads up on silverado. gonna check it out.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
I agree with Hendrix on this one load them up and drop them off in south America where 2,000 acres are clear cut each day completely unregulated,I will be honest I won't take a mature tree with out good reason,but if we have to well I do need firewood you know,specially when it is -4.

mustbecrazy

Back in an earlier recession, I think it was 1985 or something a friend of mine was looking for any type of work he could find. He got on working for the Forest Service counting some kind of bird at night in the woods. (Southern Oregon Coast) Being a very consciences guy, and not wanting to screw up on the only job he had in a long time, the went at it with a will to work. Spending the night walking through the woods looking up in the trees left and right etc, until his eyes hurt and he could barely move his neck. Saw zero birds. The next day back at the USFS office the other members of the "Team" reported sighting a bird here two over there etc. Not knowing what he was doing wrong and not finding any birds at all the next night he doubled his efforts covering more territory, walking quieter, looking harder, anything to spot at least one bird. And again his "Team Mates" out performed him in spotting several birds over a remarkably large area. The third night out he started out through the woods on his search and then circled back to see how the other "Team Members did it". They were all in a circle passing around a joint. They had made up the bird sighting. "Good work moonbeam, two more birds saved". For each bird found so many acres of forest were to be left undisturbed around their nesting area. My friend quit the job, rather than lie to keep it.

special tool

I am SHOCKED, frankly at the insensitivity displayed here in my thread.
I try to depict REAL environmental conscience, and you guys act like these trees will just grow back!!!
I am disgusted!!!

:D

mustbecrazy

Special, ...uh...they will. Reminds me of a story.. Back in 1985 or so I had two acres of land with a view of the Pacific Ocean. Well it would of had a view of the Ocean if I cut all the trees off of a knob of a hill just between me and the Ocean. I always wanted to cut the trees off (about 50-18inch to 36inch Diameter) then knock down the knob and fill a ravine. Giving me a nice 75 by 200 flat spot with nice view of the ocean. At the same time changing the driveway to an easier slope. Had a OLD d6 at the time and was just itching. Never did. I always thought that someone else might buy the place and would like the trees and if I cut them they would be hard to glue back together. Sold the place. The guy that bought it logged the hill, made a flat spot and paved the driveway (1200ft) with the proceeds of the logs, increasing the value of the property by $50,000. Lets see if I had logged and put the money ($50,000) in say Microsoft or Nike
in 1985 I would have ...well I would be retired now instead of scrambling for work. Also I didn't hear one word of thanks from those trees.