• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Now THESE are treehuggers....

Occupation
Voglerllc.com
Fairly sure those idiots are local to me, Remember seeing something on the Asheville news station about them. In fact I might have run into one of that group myself, several years ago was clearing for a new Lowes's in Asheville. I look up & see this woman running across the cleared area behind me. Crazy woman was waving her arms like she needed sometheing. I idle'd down the 963 & opened the door to see what her deal was. No kidding he first words were "can you not hear them screaming" Immediatley I freaked out thinking some kids were playing in the woods or there was an "urban explorer - homeless person" I didn't see. I said who's screaming? Her answer "all these trees" Needless to say I just shut the door back got on the cell & called the deputy, she was arrested for tresspassing.

special tool

Hey.....here's another video of knucklehead kids to **** you guys off.:D

Check out this girl - preaching change, then look at the coal that's coming out of her DIESEL DRAGSTER PICKUP!!:lmao

They all think they're geniuses because they're high and figured out how to make a youtube video between trips to Mcdonalds.

You're gonna love the "mad scientist" kid too. A little furry matzo ball.

YouTube - THE GREEN GENERATION- CHARACTERS

Hendrik

Hey.....here's another video of knucklehead kids to **** you guys off.:D

Check out this girl - preaching change, then look at the coal that's coming out of her DIESEL DRAGSTER PICKUP!!:lmao
Does this mean I have to convert my machines to run off solar power?
Perhaps burn bio-Diesel and then when the fuel filters are blocked with crap I just sit there and meditate for a while.

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
Fear.

Hello.

My fear is that one of the nuts might run up to a dozer to where the operator can not see him/her.
At that point the poor man who is doing nothing more but trying to keep food on the table is pretty much screwed.
The headlines will all read "Bulldozer driver murders!!!".
And you just Know the press will be all over it.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
Hello.

My fear is that one of the nuts might run up to a dozer to where the operator can not see him/her.
At that point the poor man who is doing nothing more but trying to keep food on the table is pretty much screwed.
The headlines will all read "Bulldozer driver murders!!!".
And you just Know the press will be all over it.

Just gig a realy deep hole and plant them.You know we need more Fruits growing.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Activists get their come uppance !

crazy-man-tied-to-tree_01.jpg

Activists Missing After Declaring “War on Leather” at Motorcycle Rally
Posted on January 07, 2010. Tags: activists, Animal Activists, blood, fur, motorcycle gangs, motorcycle rally, peta, protesters
Posted by Fuzzy Duffy

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) – Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers “duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters,” according to police officials.
“Something just went wrong,” said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. “Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong.”
The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, “growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats,” decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event “in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats.” “In fact,” said the organizer, “motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it…ergo, they should stop.”
According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960’s era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting “you’re murderers” to passers by. This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.
“They peed on me!!!” charged one activist. “They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me ‘La Trene’, and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!”
“I…I was trying to show my outrage at a man with a heavy leather jacket, and he…he didn’t even care. I called him a murderer, and all he said was, ‘You can’t prove that.’ Next thing I know he forced me to ride on the back of his motorcycle all day, and would not let me off, because his girl friend was out of town and I was almost a woman.”
Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress. Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers “farted on their heads.”
Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed “surprise” at the allegations.
“That’s preposterous,” said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee. “We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us. They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event. So, what did we do? We invited them to the party! What could be more friendly than that? You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome.”
When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and ‘farting on their heads,’ the organizer declined to comment in detail. “That’s just our secret handshake,” assured the organizer.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, I heard about this on the radio coming home from work yesterday stock.

Let's see, you want to protest folks who use leather...and you choose to protest at a biker rally by throwing "fake blood" filled balloons at them. Very bad choice of protest venue, very bad choice! :D

td25c

Now the activists will be standing outside the hardware store protesting against duct tape.

prfire20

Occupation
construction
i went to a trapping covention once and there was a heard of them out protesting all chanting NO FUR NO FUR and i had to laugh when i noticed half of them had on leather shoes apparently thats ok!!

NHGus

Occupation
Fabricator/welder
The problem with the treehugger types (IMHO) that I have seen, heard, or spoke to, is they have absolutely no concept of reality, call it niave, ignorance or just stupidity on their part. Most, if not all of their ideas or "beliefs" that I've heard of are based on some idealistic view of life and everything associated with it; they never look at an issue from multiple points of view, how all parties involved in said issue will be affected, they preach their own opinions them cover their ears and ignore any other view that they don't agree with. In my experience reality is very rarely, more like never ideal, you have to to the best with what you're presented with, compromise a bit. Anyone who deliberately damages someone elses personal property(machinery, etc) is a criminal in my eyes.

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
The problem with the treehugger types (IMHO) that I have seen, heard, or spoke to, is they have absolutely no concept of reality, call it naive, ignorance or just stupidity on their part. Most, if not all of their ideas or "beliefs" that I've heard of are based on some idealistic view of life and everything associated with it; they never look at an issue from multiple points of view, how all parties involved in said issue will be affected, they preach their own opinions them cover their ears and ignore any other view that they don't agree with. In my experience reality is very rarely, more like never ideal, you have to to the best with what you're presented with, compromise a bit. Anyone who deliberately damages someone Else's personal property(machinery, etc) is a criminal in my eyes.

Criminals yes but the sad part is not many law enforcements will go to the trouble of catching them.This happens around Harris County and the law comes out looks around tells the owner that it was kids are a mad ex employee not much we can do.The first thing they ask Do you have insurance?Seen one instance where two ex employees destroyed some equipment nothing done about it.But later they went and took a excavator dug into a pipeline by the rail road.Destroyed the machine.Wrong place to do this the pipeline co and the R/R found them.R/R and Pipeline company's have their own investigators and good ones too.