• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

ianjoub

:D

412927000_6999406253460474_1656154889701919529_n.jpg

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I ordered the Dodge with the large stainless trailer towing mirrors and they've been turned out since the truck was built. Never have "smacked" them on anything but they have been rubbed against trees and such manipulating into position someplace. Mirror heads are replacements as the carbon steel interiors that held them in position long rotted away internal to the stainless shell:

20231219_152624.jpg

MG84

View attachment 301601

The truck even has the ghetto wheels . . .

I'm guessing that's about 45k on the trailer deck . . .
That is spectacular. I wonder if he ever got moving again after pulling off on that grass. Can’t tell, looks like a T86 bobcat ctl with a mulcher head, probably weighs 15k, E145 at 36k, truck at 9k + 1k of chit in the bed, 8k for trailer. Lets do some quick math....yep that’s dang near 70,000lbs gross!

Last edited:

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
That is spectacular. I wonder if he ever got moving again after pulling off on that grass. Can’t tell, looks like a T86 bobcat ctl with a mulcher head, probably weighs 15k, E145 at 36k, truck at 9k + 1k of chit in the bed, 8k for trailer. Lets do some quick math....yep that’s dang near 70,000lbs gross!

But those wheels . . . the pickup identifies as a semi ! ! !

I am pretty sure you would be hard pressed to get that load on a semi legally, at least in Wisconsin. I am not sure what the light weights on an appropriate rig would be, but you aren't going to get permits to go over 80,000lb with multiple pieces of equipment on the trailer.

I suspect that load is pretty close to or over height as well, the excavator needs to have the blade pointed the other way so he can tuck the boom down into transport position.

Truck Shop

All this discussion over these photos of overloaded goose neck trailers with pickups. Who Cares.
The Industry building this crap expects it to happen knowing no one looks at GVWR.
We all know it's wrong-nothing is going to stop it. It's strictly entertainment at this point.

Acoals

Occupation
Pretty sure I had to work on that guy's car once or twice. I think he had a newer Ford pickup that needed a blend door motor . . .

Cigarette ash floating everywhere the whole time you are dismantling the dash, argh . . .

Acoals

Occupation
When I was 18, trying to figure out what I was going to do with myself, I decided I was going to be a Big Rigger . . . longnose Pete with a flattop and all that. The State of New York didn't trust a fellow with a class A until 21 though, so I settled for a B and figured I would just have to wait three years.

A couple of trips to the TA in Maybrook NY cured me of that nonsense . . .

I only just got my class A a few years ago when I went on my own and bought a dump with an air tag . . .