• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Most of the rest of the country used dozers to build their roads, Some parts of MO seems to have just paved over the deer trails . . .
Ozarkian Speak is Ridge Runners BTW!! Wagons and Horses were ridden along the ridge lines to grind in roads, MO just opted to Pave Them that way. Used to be Several MO River Crossing Bridges built in the 1920s/30s that managed a 8'6" lane supposed to be 9', Hauling grain or machines would ALWAYS suck in the Driver side so not to Slap the Other guys in the opposite lane, was a bridge at Sibley MO had to Stop and draw in the Right Side, keep the white line ON the tire edge or take your own mirror out on Bridge Iron, that one is coming down currently.

Horrible road into META MO is state rte 133, is a old Ridge Line road, it also undulates side to side about as bad, dragging 43K of Urea down that from US 63 into Meta was a white knuckler as every truck that should not ever been on that road was always on that road. Diamond Pet Foods has a plant there, so always 53' 102 wide box haulers headed in or out and working that non existent center lane. Site was at one time served by Rock island RR, but that closed down and trucking took over. Turnoff to get on 133 off US 63SB was a 180 degree hairpin and Uphill, has since been Rebuilt 90 degree.

Truck Shop

Welcome to Texas hehe
I'm sure some on here think I'm harsh about drivers, obesity, filth or a new abbreviation DOF.
The DOT needs to start a new branch--DOF. That crap in that cab with the FAT driver----------
That's NO JOKE-that depicts a wide percentage of truck cabs. Hell my old company had several
of those type drivers, the one thing missing was 4 one gallon jugs full of **** setting on the
floor. Some have a 5 gallon crap bucket in the sleeper, FACT. I've worked around these losers
for years, it only got worse with the driver shortage. I was wearing a face mask and gloves
long before covid came along. Nothing worse than having to repair something dash related in
a pig sty. Bad thing is my old company started putting graphics just like that on the tractors.
The guy who does the truck detailing for the company has had to put body lice/body critter
bombs in the cabs of some trucks 4 hours before the complete cab interior washout begins,
which in some cases has taken 10 hours-cost to clean one like that highest bill I know of was
$1,400.
It's unamerican to not be obese anymore--{Can't Get Enough of That Sugar Crisp} remember
that ad.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We had them back in late 70s until I got out of direct contact in the 90s with open public. And yes a mechanic would if not could refuse a health hazard to work on, were some that bent wrenches I swear wore the same uniform for days unwashed, just as bad they seemed to not care as were just as nasty.

Truck Shop

were some that bent wrenches I swear wore the same uniform for days unwashed, just as bad they seemed to not care as were just as nasty.
That's a fact---Filth Beasts, puss gut with coke bottle a$$. Those big fat ones packing all the
Biscuits & Gravy around, arms so big and belly so fat they can't reach anything, take twice as
long to get a job done, been there seen that. Can't even zip their overalls up, with a dash of
egg stuck in their beard.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
OK, as long as we are on the subject, I'm fat, I'm 60 pounds overweight. I can't get a DOT medical card anymore because of my weight. How do these jokers still get medical cards when they barely fit between the wheel and the back of the seat?
I'm also 71, so having a medical card isn't a necessity anymore. And I don't want to be in traffic anymore unless I can carry a RPG to clear out those that I think are bozos. My patience has worn thin....

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
OK, as long as we are on the subject, I'm fat, I'm 60 pounds overweight. I can't get a DOT medical card anymore because of my weight. How do these jokers still get medical cards when they barely fit between the wheel and the back of the seat?
I'm also 71, so having a medical card isn't a necessity anymore. And I don't want to be in traffic anymore unless I can carry a RPG to clear out those that I think are bozos. My patience has worn thin....
Quacks and other strange 'Medical' personnel that were approved of License to do so. Our regional Quacks are Chiropractors in Warrenton, Jefferson City and Union MO. Can give DOT physicals but not really Medical Doctors, all too many passed thru.

Truck Shop

Just driving past a brake check area or wide spot where a truck can park tells what kind of people are driving trucks now.. Disgusting. Glad I'm done.
The owner of my old company job--has had just about enough. This last spring they took over/
bought out a irrigation pivot/wheel line manufacture {Thunderbird}. He is sick and tired of the
babysitting, bad attitudes and filthy lifestyles/habits plus just the industry in general. Not more
than a couple of weeks ago I was in the office-he said {you know you are right this a carney
bum business just a racket. I'm tired of dealing with the accounts, the purchasing of equipment
and the lousy pot of people to hire, it's a constant no win situation.
The irrigation business along with a few other off shoot businesses are to provide for easing
out of freight business.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I had an auto repair shop for 10 years. I refused to work on many vehicles because they were dirty/smelly/roaches, etc... And I had techs to do the work. I didn't make them do it!

When I worked in the auto shop my boss didn't turn anybody away for a filthy car . . . not for lack of opportunity though!

There were a few that I drug a trash can and the shop vac up and spent an hour of shop time cleaning out though . . .

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Our ‘Surprise’ nickname was Pigpen
78 frtlnr CO, driver dropped it off on a weekend, dropped writeup in the key slot of the shop. Sent lube/cleanup kid out to bring it in as needed service, came walking back. Only comment was “Its Alive Inside”, two bug bombs set inside the doors we walked away.
Next day was brought in, looked like a street under a streetlight on the doghouse. Heard it jacking up, then the glass Tink Tink Smash as dropped off shifter insert to the frame drag link then floor, bottle of Pizz.
Boss came our, saw it, had us empty snd pressure wash Inside, anything cloth tossed. Fired Pigpen