• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

Truck Shop

On construction I watched as a LN9000 3 axle was backed down to river edge with
refrigerator plus size rippity wrappity. Raised the box, it wedged, he didn't know it
yet and continued to raise box, front tires started to become airborne because it
was tilting on the walking beam and the walking beam had no stops on the back axle.
So the box went vertical, and it finally let loose which dropped the steer from roughly
3' in the air which shot his head into the roof.

materthegreater

Just pop the clutch......:D
Unfortunately this truck has a foolish Allison... I did back up and hit the brakes though. Didn't help.

And we have a winner:
Froze perhaps
I loaded them up covered in wet mud yesterday and wanted to wait until the ground froze up to dump them in location. It got down to 17°F overnight and glued them in solid.

So much interest in a dumb box of rocks :D

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
When they hang up at all, I expect damage. Mine held the whole load of boulders refusing to dump once. I made the bad decision to move. 14' bed shifted off to the side, I thought I might have twisted the frame, but it seems OK.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
September 11 2001 I heard a plane had hit the World Trade Center in New York.
I was working on a new $1,000,000 house. Nobody on site had more than a radio in there truck & no cell service there.
My first thought was amateur pilot, getting a great photo.
Owner went where he was staying & brought back a radio. A second plane hit the other tower. It was then instantly clear this wasn't a mistake.
As the hours pass, I wonder if this one will prove to be an idiot at the wheel, a malfunction, or terrorism?

Delmer

Reliable speculation says it was power failure on the ship, they were having issues shown by the black smoke going on and off. Never attribute to malice, that which can easily be explained by incompetence. Read that somewhere, seems to apply. All bets are off if another ship crashes...

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Two rescued were work party on deck, six missing a concrete truck and driver also. Several cars being located to recover occupants. Water temp is in mid forties, hypothermia in minutes.

Truck Shop

434217958_385035637769004_6705020214025051692_n.jpg

HATCHEQUIP

And here we have the constant endeavor to see who can build the biggest front end loader.
And keep raising the ante with a name & number that says it's a gargantuan---prophylactic.
View attachment 307685
Wander how many quarters it takes to get one of these and how they fit this in that box on the wall.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Have done that fancy maneuver with a roll off truck several times trying to pick overloaded 30 yard cans from job sites. Just because it says on the side of the can "do not fill past this line" doesn't mean you can fill them with dirt or concrete ya flargin' morons!