• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

RocketScott

Think this fits here:

8C5LZWZ.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
I can safely assume he was moving at highway speeds since he was in the passing lane.
Works for me since nobody is too close to him.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I sighted this in a local ad. He's fitting a 6-354 Perkins engine into an antique Oliver BDH tractor.

I wouldn't like to guess how long it is, before his chassis is fractured right through, just in front of the rear axle.

At least he's not on a public road .....

Attachments

• OLIVER-PERKINS.JPG
    OLIVER-PERKINS.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 72

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
There's some serious differences between using a single cab, F350 dually with a properly built gin pole setup, to lift an N14 - as compared to using a lightweight Asian-origin dual cab pickup, with a Chinese engine crane, ratchet-strapped to the end of the tray.

These lightweight Asian-origin crew cabs bend the chassis behind the cab so frequently, there are businesses here doing good business welding them up again and plating them, or supplying plating kits to try and stop the chassis bending before it happens.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I suppose you wouldn't like this picture then either?

Wet N14 plus radiator and frame, 3000#

Front tires off the ground

And I drove it a little to set it down somewhere else.

So, I don't know much about anything to do with the oilfields, other than one year everybody and their brother is heading out to the oil patch to get rich, and the next year they are all broke.

But anyway, what is that setup normally used for?

crane operator

But anyway, what is that setup normally used for?
For taking to the oil patch, where they throw money at you like water from a fire hose, which the roughnecks then throw at the strippers until its gone.

Then they pray for just one more oil boom, because they'll really work at saving during the next boom.... its the circle of life.

Welder Dave

Have heard they used to play poker and bet their paychecks working in the oilsands. Also heard there's a lot of drug use up there too. The union actually prevailed in not letting Suncor do random drug testing. That's scary considering the size and power off the machines there. A few years ago there were stories on the news of people leaving their big fancy 4x4's at the airport with the keys because they flew back East after being laid off. They thought the money just kept flowing but soon discovered it didn't and they couldn't make their payments. A lot people don't think there will ever be another big oil boom. Many oilfield related businesses closed up shop or went into receivership.

cfherrman

That truck is just to be handy since it doesn't have a rolling tail board or it doesn't have weight in the front as it's a gas engine, it's also just a 1 ton. Previous owner had a welder and a torch on it and probably repaired things, changed electric motors, picked up scrap, etc.

Trucks with a rolling tail board, which are "real winch trucks" can pick up, load, and transport all kinds of big things such as tanks, pumping units, floors, etc.

I got that truck for $300 with no rear axle and they cut off all the winch related things. You can also see the big hole behind the cab where the torch bottles holder was where they cut that off.

westerner

So, I don't know much about anything to do with the oilfields, other than one year everybody and their brother is heading out to the oil patch to get rich, and the next year they are all broke.
My cousin went to Wyoming for the big boom in the early 80's. Natural gas I think, but not sure.
Anyway, he made huge money for the times. When he got laid off, he came back to Arizona and remained unemployed for a time, because he thought he was worth Wyoming drilling money in hick town AZ.