• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

ianjoub

374568703_693237329497866_3324659382104146649_n.jpg

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
If that’s not photoshop I just don’t get it. Unless you can’t find a driver that can back a trailer………

Truck Shop

Would all those four extra axles be self steering or what happens if you try to make a sharp turn with a full load on?
Steerable.
If that’s not photoshop I just don’t get it. Unless you can’t find a driver that can back a trailer………
Some in town with three drop in front of drives with a swing up drop at tail. I don't get it either,
but what do you and I know.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Steerable.

Some in town with three drop in front of drives with a swing up drop at tail. I don't get it either,
but what do you and I know.
In Seattle they are beccoming more popular because of traffic. Dragging a pup is getting more and more difficult because of traffic. They can gross 88,000 if I recall correctly.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
You see a lot of super dumps here in California but they only have one extra axle. Great big 20k (I presume) balloon steers, standard group of 8 drives and one tiny axle in between that can't be any more than 10k, somehow gets them what looks like as much as a 10 wheeler and wagon box/transfer we call it here. I forget what the GVW sticker says but concrete mixers have always had air axles and their sticker says 70k on 4 axles, 12 wheels of normal size except the steers.

crane operator

If that’s not photoshop
Not photoshop, its for sale near me. I imagine the frame gets a pretty good load when the steerable axles come up. For just a little over $300,000 it could be yours. They don't say what they could haul legally in arkansas with it.

kw dump 2.jpgkw dump 3.jpgkw dump 4.jpgkw dump 5.jpg

2024 KENWORTH w900l​

$313,701
Listed a day ago in Rogers, AR

Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Grey

Fuel type: Diesel

Seller's Description​

***ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXTREMELY HEAVY DUMP TRUCK??? HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!*** NEW 2024 KENWORTH W900L MILEAGE: NEW CUMMINS X15 565 HP 18 SPEED 3.90 GEARS 320" WB 22' HYBRID DUMP BED WEIGHT: 29,160 LBS * If applicable, price includes FET, but does not reflect state or local taxes or license and title fees.

crane operator

Unless you can’t find a driver that can back a trailer………
And I will admit that we do a similar thing with counterweights. I have two different cranes with around 34,000lbs of counterweight, and I've got one straight truck set up with two lift axles and am getting done with a second one.

We go too many places with parking lots with trees and islands and decorative sidewalks in the way. Where I can put a all wheel steer crane, but couldn't get the counterweights in there on a trailer. So I've built straight trucks.

The one I've already got built I'm legal for 67,000 GVW, heavy steer, lift axle, tandems, then another lift axle at the rear of the bed. You work within the system.

Truck Shop

This get's 43,000 on trailer group, 43,000 on drive group including drop axle, and can fudge 12,500
on steer with a WB of 275" on tractor, with a 24" pin setting on trailer with fifth wheel slid to front,
trailer slid all the way back on a 53', with a total length of 75'. Drop axle distance from center of
rear drive 9' 11". Plus the frame rail is 7/16". Drop axle is Hendrickson ST1300 steerable rated for
13,000 lbs. For a total of 98 and some change on fudging. The new trucks in the fleet have a 285"
WB with longer drop axle spread-can GVW 100,000.

004.JPG

Truck Shop

Always disliked trying to calc Bridge Formula.
The area most often missed when trying to reach max net/GVW verses length is the trailer
kingpin setting. With fixed like a dump box it's always a direct load over certain distance X
how many axles, because there's nothing to slide, except for drawbar on pup, but still fixed.

renovator

As JaredV says, this is set up to mess with bridge laws. Many many years ago, Colorado only wanted to know the "bridge" (length between first and last axles) and the number of axles. According to their formula, I was able to gross a lot more with the same axle spacing than I was in New Mexico.

Superdump's website claimed this setup can unload faster than truck trailer domination. I see a lot of these in Arizona.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Not photoshop, its for sale near me. I imagine the frame gets a pretty good load when the steerable axles come up. For just a little over $300,000 it could be yours. They don't say what they could haul legally in arkansas with it.

View attachment 294621View attachment 294622View attachment 294623View attachment 294624

2024 KENWORTH w900l​

$313,701
Listed a day ago in Rogers, AR

Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Grey

Fuel type: Diesel

Seller's Description​

***ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN EXTREMELY HEAVY DUMP TRUCK??? HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!*** NEW 2024 KENWORTH W900L MILEAGE: NEW CUMMINS X15 565 HP 18 SPEED 3.90 GEARS 320" WB 22' HYBRID DUMP BED WEIGHT: 29,160 LBS * If applicable, price includes FET, but does not reflect state or local taxes or license and title fees.

Well at least the price includes FET..