• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

HATCHEQUIP

2-21-14 004.jpg
Got the boom back in the 450 Lorain and we noticed when it came in the cover was off the lmi computer and in bypass mode so after we got everything running I started checking the lmi dont know why they had it off and they dont know either:beatsme everything works but ahha no 2 block alarm or kickout just keeps hoisting, started checking and the back card in the computer is bad now its time to take all the wires off and send in for repair.

HATCHEQUIP

2-21-14 008.jpg
Well we sold the Manitowoc 2900T to california and we needed another crane in that end of the yard sooooo brought a Bucyrus 60T from in back and started checking it out and setting it up. we bought the crane awile back for the boom tip to use it on another machine. Was impressed with the old machine when we looked it over back then but all we wanted was the tip but now that the 2900s gone were gona put the old gal back to work, just have to come up with another tip or put a 30B heavy lift boom in it that weve got, but its only a but and tip, need more length so I dont have to move the truck around
NOTICE: anyone know where a 60T, or 30B super, tube tip could be had, contact me

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry

Pettibone, there's a name you don't see everyday!

They were made not far from here in Rome NY. We had a rough terrain type crane of theirs years back. Was a handy thing as you could do everything from the drivers seat. Front and rear steering, outriggers, boom and hoist. Good thing too as it was a bit cramped getting in or out of that cab. Hercules 3400 gas engine and a couple Funk transmissions. It went to another plant and as usual for them they destroyed it somehow. We can have a machine for ten or twenty years and it will be in better shape than when we got it, this plant can have something for a couple weeks and it's junk!

Just did a quick search of old records, it was a 1965 Multikrane Model 25

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
brought a Bucyrus 60T from in back and started checking it out and setting it up. we bought the crane awile back for the boom tip to use it on another machine.

That there looks like the crane we had when I started with the company in 1968. Think it was a 1964 or so machine. For most of it's life it was a one operator machine. Until that guy retired, then it was passed around like a ........! Up till that time had virtually no problems. After that problems almost every time it was used. It had two Waukasha Gas engines that near the end we repalced with a 3306 cat in the upper and a NT855 Cummins in the lower.

HATCHEQUIP

12.5 ton pettibone You got the getting in and out right but most neck breakers are like that except maybe a lorain they had the door down low on the side toward the front and were really nice to get in and out of just like a pickup

HATCHEQUIP

2-28-14 001.jpg2-28-14 002.jpg2-28-14 003.jpg2-28-14 004.jpg2-28-14 005.jpg
Had to reseal a track adjuster on the D8H and while I was there took some pics of the job, the 14s never quit running but the owner was glad when that 8 started pushing them again.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
hatch, i do a little equipment purchasing/repair/resell on the side, i never have done any crane work but i saw a local crane go at auction and thought i should have bought it was wondering what you think about this type and deal here is the link http://www.ironplanet.com/for-sale/...onResults=yes,sm=1,category=2088,sort=ad+desc, just seems like a good deal but i know very little. any info helps. what i do know is there is no money in the typical stuff like excavators, dozers, backhoes etc......TIO

HATCHEQUIP

Sounds like IP gave it a clean bill of health, but I don't know how they were getting it certified because those dents in the bottem of the main boom wouldn't pass. that's probably why it went a little light on price, still would make a good yard crane around a shop. I agree every body and his uncle are into the dirt equipment OR WERE, that's why we like the cranes and a little mining equipment, mostly on the dirt stuff we just work on it for other people. But you have to know a little about cranes and even then it can still bite you. And its not unusual for them to have birthdays while you've got them for sale.

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hey Hatch:

Any chance you would have a picture of a broken loader boom pin that I could use for a Textbook on Heavy Equipment I'm trying to finish?
Very cool pics and stories BTW!

Thanks, Scott

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
Hi again: If you could find something that would be great and when you do would I be able to use it in my book?

Thanks for the Help!

profrooky

Occupation
Professor
broken pin

Hey Hatch:

Thanks for the pic of the broken pin. Would you know what it's from?

The 928 trans job looks like a lot of work!
Never had the pleasure of pulling a tranny from one of them, nothin easy about that by the looks of it! What failed in the transmission?

Thanks, Scott