• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I like the clutch spring compressor in the third picture down in post #198!

That actually looks more like the old Hough and Dresser transmissions I used to work on, or the Clarks in the Michigans.

Did a quite a few of the old 966C-D and 980->988B and the old Allison CLBT5860's

HATCHEQUIP

3-14-14 004.jpg3-14-14 008.jpg
108 coming on down
3-14-14 005.jpg
this gear is on the horizontal shaft that runs with the gear below that is froze on the vertical shaft3-14-14 007.jpg some heat and pressing and soaking and maybe. just letting it set and soak with the press on it and when we get time to get back on it, it will come or well cut it off.

HATCHEQUIP

Hey Hatch:

Thanks for the pic of the broken pin. Would you know what it's from?

The 928 trans job looks like a lot of work!
Never had the pleasure of pulling a tranny from one of them, nothin easy about that by the looks of it! What failed in the transmission?

Thanks, Scott
well its not a really a pin as I couldn't find one but I thought that it might do for your pic its a stick cylinder rod from a 566 koehring hoe that snapped

kshansen

Occupation
I cant believe any body hasn't commented on my ketchup oil bottles:D
I use mustard bottles too

Well I almost made a comment that where I work that would be a violation of an MSHA rule and we would get wrote up for it. If I removed the lables and put one on saying Trans 30 Oil I would probably be OK.

kshansen

Occupation
And one other thing how come that 928 is so clean? Seems around here if there is any yellow showing people think you are being too fussy and it needs more grease pumped into someplace. Just don't worry about any getting to a pin or bushing area as long as there are gobs around the fittings.:Banghead

HATCHEQUIP

Kshan they go to the wash rack before we bring them in to work on them and yes I agree about the grease around every thing but where it needs to be. allot of the times on the cranes U have to take a shovel and big scraper around the inside of them before you start washing them and then takes 2 or 3 days and lots of degreaser and whirly bird nozzels on the wash gun and plenty of hot water to get them clean because they havent been cleaned since who knows when. They are labeled lucas, 30wt. atf, 10wt,:D

tctractors

The gearbox thing looks when stripped something like a D3 G/box innards or was it a CAT tele-handler? I know its like 1 of them, anyhow its good to see you are busy on the Cranes, as someone has to do them.

tctractors

kshansen

Occupation
Kshan they go to the wash rack before we bring them in to work on them and yes I agree about the grease around every thing but where it needs to be. allot of the times on the cranes U have to take a shovel and big scraper around the inside of them before you start washing them and then takes 2 or 3 days and lots of degreaser and whirly bird nozzels on the wash gun and plenty of hot water to get them clean because they havent been cleaned since who knows when. They are labeled lucas, 30wt. atf, 10wt,:D

Wish I could send that much time cleaning, anything over a few hours and bosses get nervous! They don't seem to understand that a job goes faster when you're not digging and scrapping to find every bolt then fighting to keep crap from falling into a place it will cause a problem.

As for the bottles they still say "ketchup & mustard" so the safety germs would still freak out. I've heard stories of guys putting antifreeze in MountainDew bottles and having another guy drinking it. Why someone would drink someone else's soda is beyond me! And if they can't tell the difference between ketchup and ATF maybe they deserve to eat their burger with the ATF on it.:eek:

HATCHEQUIP

3-14-14 085.jpg
a timber jack trans problem
John Deere 850c that was acting screwy on the travel after cleaning harness conections and checing voltages ordered a travel motor speed sensor and a few other odd and end pieces to keep the weather off the shifter and she went back to pushing straight and not all the sudden out of the blue doing a right turn Clyde!!!

Attachments

• 3-14-14 084.jpg
    3-14-14 084.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,514
  • 3-14-14 080.jpg
    3-14-14 080.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 3-14-14 081.jpg
    3-14-14 081.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,536
Last edited:

HATCHEQUIP

3-14-14 083.jpg
Cat 928 g rolled out of the shop today after getting the trans rebuilt and both lift and steer cylinders rebuilt.
3-14-14 082.jpg
This came from just behind the seat and smelt like fidos a$$ couldnt even get the seat to go back

dirty4fun

I swear some people are closely related to pigs or coons that crap in their own nest. I get kidded because I have a whisk broom in my equipment and might sweep it out a couple times a day if time permits.

Lee (MN)

Occupation
HE Mechanic
Bet you would not want to visit that guys house for dinner, if he will sit in that crap all day what;s his house like?:confused:

True that!, Why is it an operator can bring a dinnerpail to work full, and not take the garbage home at the end of the day????. The plastic water bottles should be outlawed as well.

MHO, Lee;)

kshansen

Occupation
True that!, Why is it an operator can bring a dinnerpail to work full, and not take the garbage home at the end of the day????. The plastic water bottles should be outlawed as well.

MHO, Lee;)

Had a problem a year ago, older Case 1845C would not steer in one direction. Took to wash bay to clean up before working on problem. While washing it one of those plastic bottles came flying out from the center of machine. Guess what steering problem was gone! Every time I complain to boss about crap in cabs I try to be sure to word it as a safety concern, like what happens if that crap get stuck under a brake peddle?