• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures from shop and field

td25c

had a komotsu in a year ago that was a 2 speed copy cat of dresser and it was a pain getting the top off but the dressers are a good solid machine and not bad to work on this E has the B series cummins instead of the 466 and when you get a operator use to that 2 speed steer they don't know how they ever did without it. But Ive been hearing horror stories about parts for the internationals and dressers,. kind of reminds me of fiat and fatallis back in the early 80s. personally I think dressta is shooting themselves in the foot on this

Thanks for the reply HATCHEQUIP. That TD15E looks like a nice machine & the two speed will spoil an operator. It's a nice feature that IH developed years ago but if Dressta wont support the parts end most people will leave the brand. But then you have Knuckle heads like myself that will look at one and then bring it home LOL:D

shopguy

My Dressta parts came in today so I guess for now we can still get parts it just takes a LOT of time and a LOT of money, thanks for your help

3rdgendslmech

Hey Hatchet I'm not sure if this is going to apply to you or not and if you got it used there might not be a sure way to tell but this is what I was told. Years ago the company I started out working for had a lot of older equipment. We were always told to use regular 15W40 engine oil in the transmission as long as it wasnt hydrostatic. Then once we finally got into the newer equipment was when it was recommended that we get 30W oil for the transmissions. Never had any problems at all.

Now I've been working for a different company for a few years and they've got older equipment as well but they run 30W trans oil in everything. Including the rears in rubber tired loaders. I asked the shop boss one day why they didnt use the 15W40 in the transmissions. He told me that they did for a long time, because even some of the manuals say its OK to use, but when they switched over to the 30W oil the noticed that they were dropping transmissions left and right for the same thing....the oil was having a reaction to the glue used to stick the material onto the plates and the clutches where pretty much falling apart.

Maybe someone else can add on to the story. Only reason why I asked was because I wanted to make sure I was putting the right oil back where they wanted it.

HATCHEQUIP

3W.jpg2.jpg1.jpg4W.jpgR50 Euclid that we rebuilt all the drivetrain components then modified a bed from another truck to fit and then ran it thru the bodyshop

FSERVICE

building another service truck?? I think I see a tandem service bed in the #1 pic there ;) I think that's the service body I want next!! lol

HATCHEQUIP

108b shir 009.jpg108b shir 010.jpgOne of the customers just got this in a few months ago. HC138 Linkbelt. Had to remove swing brake and rivet on new pads. replace some wiring and switches on the outrigger controls. replace all the carrier brake chamber cans to new style. shes a sweet running old girl that has been well taken care of.

HATCHEQUIP

btyt4 009.jpgbtyt4 011.jpgbtyt4 012.jpgtree was starting to die and right in the way of where we wanted to put the fence. Some of the equipment were using to fence. Our paystar 5000 with all wheel disc brakes

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
What year is that truck? I've never seen air operated disk brakes.

HATCHEQUIP

Ive forgot what year have to check but it will dam sure stop fully loaded and give change back. It started life as a mixer truck then in its later life got turned into dump.

mitch504

I have a 1986 GMC 7000 with disk all around. It will put you through the windshield if you aren't careful.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . I didn't know that class of truck came out with discs back then. What about now? Like Mike L I have never seen air operated discs, you'd reckon it would be the ducks guts.

I remember I had a '69 thirty hundredweight C1300 Inter ute (pickup) with discs all round which was pretty advanced for its time.

Cheers

mitch504

You know scrub, I've seen and handled a duck's guts a few times, and also the stuff that comes out of a duck's guts, and I wasn't that favorably impressed with either..................... :D

HATCHEQUIP

Had a 86 or 87 don't remember :beatsme gmc 7000 mechanics truck with disks all the way also and yes it would stop also had a experimental cat 3116 in it that they were going to replace after a year to see how it was doing. Sent in weekly reports and cat came from down from factory every couple months to run the overhead and make sure I hadn't turned any screws it was a great truck with 6 and 2 and good power but I went thru 3 engines in 1 year in about 100,000 miles and cat had to lift the cab to get engine out even with flip frontend asked the factory man about the engine since they were getting ready to put in production and he sayed they were getting about 2000 hours before they were failing:eek: