• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pondering about truckers, coffee and trucks . . .

cfherrman

I'm still pissed BMW puts cup holders in the M Series. Bought a brand new 2001 M3 and thought the world was in fact going to hell because it had cup holders.

Beginning of the end I tell ya'!:mad::p

They never were used in that car as long as I owned it as there were 3 things not allowed - drinking, eating or farting. Other things with proper discretion.

Those were those worthless fold out cup holders in the middle? I don't call them cup holders and I never new anyone to actually use those.

cfherrman

I remember reading a review of the e39 540i talking about the crap cupholders saying to leave the drinks at home you will be going so fast you will spill all over.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If you were driving an m3 properly the beverages would be tossed out of the cup holders anyway.

Exactly.

Loved that car. The balance, power and torque from the inline 6 made a fine touring coupe.

Truck Shop

It looked cool though Truck Shop! Maybe it was just rare enough and weird enough.
Out of {IIRC} the one year he owned it, it spent a total of 3.5 months in the shop. While on his
way home crossing the I-90 Floating bridge the heater core exploded soaking the passenger side
of the floor boards and dash. Setting in the sun, he came out of his office to find the windshield
cracked. Engine wiring harness had to be replaced. He traded it with under 8,000 miles
on it. Took a Bath financially plus to get the stink off from that car.

cfherrman

Too bad after 2006 bmw went to **** and they are 80,000 cars. I still want to get a e39 M5 when I get the money

Truck Shop

When your driving along and you see a mailbox with the door down stuffed full of bills
with some laying around on the ground----That's where a coffee drinking truck driver
resides.