• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

quad 9"s

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
That third 10 looks a little slow getting to the punch! My bad, hes going back for another scrapper That wouldnt have happend to been 2006 would it? I think I know right where you were working, but cant remember the name of the road that was off of.
Jason

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Sweet pics hktom,

That looks like a heck of a drop to come over, but they do say loading down hill is the best:cool2

Please more photos

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Great pictures.The dirt(sandy) looks like some that i around my area,farther west tho.

Here it is call sandy loam(sugar clay,blow sand) It is located from Council Bluffs down along the Missouri River down into Missouri.

Thanks for sharing! :usa

DPete

Great pics, man that looks like a blast, also like the push blocks on the rippers. I'm ready to work now:cool2

1570BEGrdman

I have some pictures to post but I cant because I'm still prob. member. They are of 2 different SXS 's, and a pic of the reclaim it was working on. I my self have never run the SXS, but my dad has. I don't work for Russell &Sons anymore but he still does. I have run many of their D9H's with 22' center-flow reclamation blades. I have pictures of those too. I now work for Sabine Mining Company, running a D9T, grounding for one of their 1570 BE draglines. I could email pictures to someone else if u really wanted too see them.

Lashlander

You should be able to post them after one more post I think. If you'd like you could email them to me and I'll post them for you.

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
hktom...awesome pictures, but i have to ask...when does it become more efficient (fuel and time) just to switch over to a 45-60 ton trackhoe and haul trucks rather then 3 dozers pushing? I don't know a whole lot about scrapers so maybe someone on here can enlighten me

ben46a

well i think its still less fuel used per load when you get 40 ton in 8 seconds, if they kept that up at a good pace theyd be makin headway in a urry

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
when you get 40 ton in 8 seconds

WOW!:eek: you couldn't even keep up with a big dragline!

how does the quad 9 compare to new dozers power wise? does it have the same pushing power as a D10 or 11? maybe even more?

gd10r

Here are a few of the WA Quads

Here are a few photos from Mr. David Macguinnes, he took these shots somewhere in Washington State.

Attachments

• 1307.jpg
    1307.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,763
  • 1308.jpg
    1308.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 2,756
  • 1309.jpg
    1309.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,045
  • 1311.jpg
    1311.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,971
  • 1315.jpg
    1315.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,752

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Nice shots of Scarcella's old quad's! To bad those old girls are just sitting. I would love to see them working.

Dualie

almost all of that work was done right here in my home town in San Leandro, CA right on marina Blvd about 4 miles from my house.

They were then vetted and field tested at peterson's own ranch "blackhawk ranch" which is now an ULTRA high end gated community he devloped.

It still is home to the World Headquarters of the Peterson Tractor company and also home to their custom fabrication division to this day. If you can dream it and fund it they will build it to this day.

I used to know the daughter of the president of the company Dwane Doyle years back when i was in high school.

Last edited:

DJR96

Sweet pics hktom,

That looks like a heck of a drop to come over, but they do say loading down hill is the best:cool2

Please more photos

Try UNLOADING down a drop like that!:D Full noise at the bottom, and hang on!:eek:

Can't say I liked it that much. Couldn't take it at a sensible speed and lay it down neat because the next guy would be at your arse. Takes a bit to scare me, but that had me holding tight.;)

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
there is a dd-9-h in banks, oregon. i have some pictures of it some place as soon as i find them i'll post them
I heard a few years ago that an old super, or a project manager for Kiewit that lives in Oregon bought a quad, restored it and has it parked in his front yard. Im wondering if this isnt the one?!
Banks isnt that far from where Im at. I wouldnt mind taking a trip to see it.
Jason