• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rebuilding Deere 1810E scraper

Jakebreak

Occupation
operator/pipelayer/mechanic
Gotcha I think you should just get a few big buds or some Steiger tiger cats with the 525 in them and let them eat

Shimmy1

These bushing bosses had been replaced before, but were not replaced correctly. They are now.

IMG_20240301_175310604.jpg

Last edited:

Shimmy1

The rails that the floor rollers travel on were squashed out at the end. The replacement rail was $350 for a piece of steel 2.5" wide, by 60" long, by 1/4" thick. It must have titanium in the alloy. We used about half of it, one of the other scrapers needs the same repair.IMG_20240301_175203280.jpg

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
Shimmy can you take a pic of your welder setup with the suitcase on top, looks like a nice setup. thanks

Shimmy1

It's nothing fancy really. Just a crappy little steel cart I found for $65 on the same sale we got the 304 on, there were two more I should have grabbed. It's just the right dimensions to have the 304 on the bottom, the plasma on the second tier, and the suitcase wherever it works the best. We've welded angle iron on to hang grinders, pegs for this and that. It's kind of crude, but the small footprint allows it to be pretty mobile around all different kinds of obstacles.

Jay Lander

This showed up about a week ago. We were hoping not to need it, because we weren't sure that three 1" bolts would hold. But, it'll be in the arsenal for the next time.View attachment 305205
The aluminum jacks are super nice. Really a lot more light weight. The only issue I have had with them is that they will side load a bit easier. You have to be right under your load. I wouldn't use it if it was just 1/2 under the edge of something.