• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Safety lever issue

Hi everyone,

I've look thru these forums for a couple hours to trind and find a possible cause to my problem but couldn't find anything similar so I'm posting here -

I have a Hyundai Robex 210LC-7, 2005 with 4160hrs on it. The safety lever that suppose to block the hydraulic on joysticks when you get out of the cab isn't working so hydraulics are always on, quite dangerous when stepping out of the cab. I've changed the switch under the lever, changed the 5 pins relay and tested the fuse and all is good and still won't work. The only other thing I can see being the problem is the safety solenoid but I have limited knowledge with that regards and have a couple questions before spending money to change it -

- What is the function of a solenoid exactly? - general explanation would be appreciated.
- That solenoid is different from the 4 or 5 others in there ( looking at it anyway), am I suppose to visually see it work when the safety lever is pushed down?

There is a whole procedure in the service manual to test the voltage on several connections for that type of problems but I have no other electrical problems and wondering, by experience, what are the chances for this issue to be electrical rather then hydraulic?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Miguel

707bulldogs

Deffinitly recomend fixing this problem. Sorry i can't help but the topic caught my eye. I have a komatsu pc40-3 that doesn't have the standard type of safety lever and i never use the stick locks it has. I got very lucky last fall. I carelessly jumped out of the cab and the winter gear i had on almost/temporarly caught the stick. I realized that could have been it for me. Everyone needs a safety reminder now and then I just hope we can get them from the right places and not by getting hurt.

soujit

Hi everyone,

I've look thru these forums for a couple hours to trind and find a possible cause to my problem but couldn't find anything similar so I'm posting here -

I have a Hyundai Robex 210LC-7, 2005 with 4160hrs on it. The safety lever that suppose to block the hydraulic on joysticks when you get out of the cab isn't working so hydraulics are always on, quite dangerous when stepping out of the cab. I've changed the switch under the lever, changed the 5 pins relay and tested the fuse and all is good and still won't work. The only other thing I can see being the problem is the safety solenoid but I have limited knowledge with that regards and have a couple questions before spending money to change it -

- What is the function of a solenoid exactly? - general explanation would be appreciated.
- That solenoid is different from the 4 or 5 others in there ( looking at it anyway), am I suppose to visually see it work when the safety lever is pushed down?

There is a whole procedure in the service manual to test the voltage on several connections for that type of problems but I have no other electrical problems and wondering, by experience, what are the chances for this issue to be electrical rather then hydraulic?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Miguel
This solenoid is an on-off type solenoid when power comes it allows oil to flow up to joysticks. just hold this solenoid & switch on the key and start the engine you will feel light vibration or light noise from that solenoid, if it is not noticed than you have check the power supply most of the cases this type of solenoid(on-off) can be checked directly connected with battery.*

Ramon1983

HI!! do you have problem yet??
im with the same problem, i have a little knowledge. if you can give me some idea, i can make a lot time. tnx!

Last edited:

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Soleniods2.jpg+

Good day
Some of the solenoids have a manual override it is in the form of a pin using a tie rap you can force the solenoid to function.

Kemper

Working on a Hyundai 160lc, when raising the hydraulic lock out lever, nothing happens, have no movement, where would I start? Checked fuses all good

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kemper
Please begin check you have servo pressure without nothing works, next check out the solenoid valve to see if you have power see attached. Note your machine may appear different to my information, if you are unsure post some photos.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Hyundia controlLockOut response.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 43
  • H2 check servo (pilot) pressure.pdf
    916.9 KB · Views: 12

Kemper

Good day Kemper
Please begin check you have servo pressure without nothing works, next check out the solenoid valve to see if you have power see attached. Note your machine may appear different to my information, if you are unsure post some photos.
Kind regards
Uffex
Will ge
Good day Kemper
Kind regards
Uffex
Will get back to you, checked all coils on hydraulic side and they checked out, was missing voltage on same which I found weird, but found the starter crap the bed so ordering new one, I’ve checked lockout arm and it’s a pressure switch that seems to be working, my valve looks different tho