• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Schaeff Walking Excavators

HATCHEQUIP

telephone dia. size posts like around marinas and such, mast on it is pretty tall I think it would do 20 footers but the foot would have to be off the ground some , were packing cylinders and replacing hoses on it now and it has a duetz engine

trombeur

Kaiser, Menzi Muck, Euromach , old kamo
what do you think, what do you know? does anyone use them? in the Alps and in the dolomites used by farmers for environmental and landscape maintenance for containment works to combat settlements of the land to clear ground subsidence for landslides and drainage of canals and watercourses

dk8019

Guys, sorry for resurrecting a very old thread, but I have a recently purchased 2001 Schaeff HS41M. It came from up north in Minnesota. Seems to work very well, but I have a rather odd issue in that one of the front drive wheels will pull but the other won't, in either direction. I can't seem to get a copy of the operating or service manual from Yanmar who owns them now, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks!

dk8019

Ok, I'll have to see if I can get a diagram on how the internal bypass might be setup. Is it something that can be switch on and off?

dk8019

More or less sorted the issue. Oddly enough the tire pressure played a huge part. They were over inflated, resulting in poor ground contact. Dropped them down where they needed to be, and all sorted.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
It's been 13 years since I first added a post to this thread. My old Menzi 5000 pissed me off when it drove the rivet in my ball cap deep into my skull....so I sold it. It did not have the power available to do what I wanted it to do anyways. It has not been missed. But the concept of the technology has never left my thoughts.

I've been searching and considering a newer model for many years and I finally found what I have been looking for. A well equipped machine, nearly every factory option, but a significant number of hours. The hours don't concern me as much as the operator skills from those that did operate and maintain the machine. This machine came from within 75 miles of the factory so it's not like they are that uncommon to the mechanics or operators. ALL of the machines that I considered here in the US that I did inspect were ridden hard, put away wet and neglected of basic maintenance needs.

So currently, I am waiting on shipping to deliver the A91F 4x4 that I purchased in Europe. It has a dedicated 45 gpm pump for attachments so it should be much more suitable for my business. I just hope it is in decent shape as I had to purchase it via pictures and not much else. It took me Google Translate to make the deal happen. It was a lot more work to import than I would have thought, but I got through it.

I'm currently shopping for cutter heads and other attachments for the machine. It will have a significant amount of shop time as I run a fine tooth comb over it to find all of the flaws and get things in order prior to putting it to work. I should have it in my yard as an early Xmas present to myself. Then, the fun begins....
2.jpg

trombeur

they are very dangerous machines, you need an excellent skilled and experienced excavator, with cold blood and strong nerves to maneuver these special excavators, I'm sorry for your accident at work, I hope you attach new excavator photos, thank you for your testimony

http://www.euromach.com/escavatore-tipo-ragno.php

escavatore-ragno-R553-01.jpg
escavatore-ragno-R553-02.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

44.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

re_kracejici_bagr.jpg

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
A quick update: My machine arrived at the shop 2 days prior to Christmas. For 7200 hours on the clock, the machine shows virtually no wear at all. Even the side fiberglass panels have nothing more than a few chips/nicks and no holes or major cracks. Most all of the bushings are very tight and only those with broken grease lines have any concern at this time. The tires are worn, it did have a winch installed previously and the rock claws show limited use. Looking at the filters, my guess is that it ran a drill or hammer attachment most of the time. Digging should have made the machine much looser that it is. Seems to me like it was only used primarily as a tool carrier. It has been well cared for, evidently.

The engine does not run at full rpm. I did find an emissions solvent container (Satacen 3) that was disconnected and it came with an old, extra exhaust filter. Maybe it is clogged or running on limp mode? The solvent container is now connected again. I'm still doing inspections to find all problems prior to putting it to work. The primary steering switch did not work but that has already been repaired at my shop - I now have 5 different steering modes. I have yet to test the engine again since fixing the emissions container and repairing a somewhat loose fan belt.

The machine did blow a hydraulic hose while loading on the ship. That was repaired prior to offload at the Charleston port. Panolin Hyd Synth biodegradable hydraulic oil is nearly $300 per 5 gallon pail! Fortunately, I only needed 1 pail to bring it back up to full. So that little episode ran me a little over a grand. It is a technologically complex machine that is not cheap to repair.

With any luck, the engine issue will be minor. If it is major, it will be pulled and rebuilt. A machine is such good condition has many thousands of hours left in it and will be worthy of major repairs. Also, from what I have seen on the machine, it is the 4x4+ Sensor model - top of the line for year of manufacture. I am well satisfied with the machine and what I currently have into it.

IMG_20191224_123222.jpg

Marahall McGuire

Guys, sorry for resurrecting a very old thread, but I have a recently purchased 2001 Schaeff HS41M. It came from up north in Minnesota. Seems to work very well, but I have a rather odd issue in that one of the front drive wheels will pull but the other won't, in either direction. I can't seem to get a copy of the operating or service manual from Yanmar who owns them now, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks!
Do you still have your machine