• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

jsinpa

durallymax,

these are great pics!! I had no idea how technologically advanced farming had become these days..I mean a screen to show your mowing pattern?! wow...so where are you located at? How many acres to you have? My grandparents had 100 acres around here before downsizing to 8-11 with woods and what I like to call a big garden, lol..still have to use a tractor for it, but no where near the size of yours! I'm near Lancaster County, Pa (no amish mafia comments, ha)..I've always heard it is some of the richest and most fertile farming ground in the country..It's amazing to drive through it and actually see tobacco being grown around here..especially considering that is more of a down south thing..

jsinpa

Thanks JNB...do you have a grapple bucket? if so, what brand? Been doing some research on them and have come to find out there are more makers popping up than I realized...kind of like snow pushers, little guys out there starting companies and making them..

durallymax

durallymax,

these are great pics!! I had no idea how technologically advanced farming had become these days..I mean a screen to show your mowing pattern?! wow...so where are you located at? How many acres to you have? My grandparents had 100 acres around here before downsizing to 8-11 with woods and what I like to call a big garden, lol..still have to use a tractor for it, but no where near the size of yours! I'm near Lancaster County, Pa (no amish mafia comments, ha)..I've always heard it is some of the richest and most fertile farming ground in the country..It's amazing to drive through it and actually see tobacco being grown around here..especially considering that is more of a down south thing..

Autosteering is pretty popular. When mowing hay with the triple mowers you're trying to drive 8-15mph and judge where the rear mower is going to end up in relation to where you steer the front mower. It adds some stress and usually guys will have huge overlaps and some skips. With Autosteering the overlap is set to 12" which is a lot for some tasks, but perfect for cutting hay. You used to be worn out at 10hrs or so but now a full 16hr day is no problem. Autosteering also lets you focus on watching more important things too, like how the machines running.

Farming is pretty advanced if you want it to be, but it also reduces a lot of inputs. We do 90% of our tasks with just two tractors. We used more with less cows before but they were less advanced. The Fendt's are very adaptable to any situation which helps. Even have a nice service mode that lifts the whole thing off the ground with the front and rear 3pts. They also have an immobilizer standard. Every key is the same but they have unique transponders. If you loose them you have to send the ECM and Immobilizer to Germany to get reprogrammed. Someday if I get the chance I wouldn't mind ordering a Blue one. The offer 4 additional colors for a fee.

Black Beauty.jpgBlack Cherry.jpgFir Green.jpgSteel Blue.jpg

We're in Wisconsin with 1100 acres for our farm. The haying equipment we split three ways with relatives. It runs across around 1,000 acres of alfalfa per cutting (4 per year) as well as 1000+ acres of corn silage and a few hundred acres of cereal crops chopped for forage. Our soil in this part of the state is some of the best in the state fertility wise but since the glacier did come through here we have no shortage of rocks.

Mark13

Always enjoy seeing your pictures and farming operation. I'm still waiting to see a Fendt around the area here in N. IL. I did get to spend some time in a JCB Fastrac the other day spreading sludge. Airbrakes on a tractor were a new thing to me, good lord will that thing stop in a hurry if you're not used to it.

What's the extra gauge in the Magnum, top right of the console?

durallymax

Always enjoy seeing your pictures and farming operation. I'm still waiting to see a Fendt around the area here in N. IL. I did get to spend some time in a JCB Fastrac the other day spreading sludge. Airbrakes on a tractor were a new thing to me, good lord will that thing stop in a hurry if you're not used to it.

What's the extra gauge in the Magnum, top right of the console?

Wouldn't be surprised to see one creeping around N. Illinois. The Air brakes are nice and responsive.

Just a boost gauge.

jsinpa

Yes I agree...Durallymax, your pics are great to see. I'm ready to take a vacation and come see your operation in person..It just looks amazing! I'll just wait till your not buried under feet of snow after this winter...We have have more coming this way on Monday..geesh

Good to know that you are in the top fertile ground area in Wisconsin. That definitely makes life a little easier on you as far as growing. Although, I'm sure the rocks can tear up stuff.

So this is going to sound like a dumb question, but no corn for the whole ethanol and biodiesel craze? I knew for a while that farmers were getting into that more because it was pretty profitable for them. I knew some were around here..

durallymax

Yes I agree...Durallymax, your pics are great to see. I'm ready to take a vacation and come see your operation in person..It just looks amazing! I'll just wait till your not buried under feet of snow after this winter...We have have more coming this way on Monday..geesh

Good to know that you are in the top fertile ground area in Wisconsin. That definitely makes life a little easier on you as far as growing. Although, I'm sure the rocks can tear up stuff.

So this is going to sound like a dumb question, but no corn for the whole ethanol and biodiesel craze? I knew for a while that farmers were getting into that more because it was pretty profitable for them. I knew some were around here..

Our snow is currently melted, just piles a snowbanks left. We actually did not get very much this year, it was too cold all winter and anytime it did snow it was 1-2" then all blew into drifts. We have front 6-8' down this year in some spots. Not a very normal winter. I'll take 24" blizzards one a winter anyday over this past winter.

We only grow enough to feed our cows, any excess (none the past few years) is put into the grain bank which goes towards paying future feed bills at those companies. We do grow some sweet corn and peas so we always have a field to haul manure on in the summer. Its for our local canning company, only one really left of their scale, very small. We feed the waste products as well.

I ran a stripper for them back in high school. Interesting job, slow but interesting.

image.jpg

lumberjack

Here's my SVL90-2 that replaced my Mustang MTL325 (Takeuchi TL250). The excavator bucket is a 3'er for the KX057 below.

IMG_6267 1.JPG
IMG_6269 1.JPG

The SVL90-2 sitting next the KX057-4.
IMG_6274.JPG

lumberjack

Boxer 523DX, impressive lifting strength, although this is all it could do! Need to get one in Kubota Orange!

IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6621 1.JPG

Last edited: