• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

Swannny

Ironjunkie - good job on the jib...very handy attachment to have. I like the I-beam sawhorses too.

ironjunkie

Ironjunkie - good job on the jib...very handy attachment to have. I like the I-beam sawhorses too.

Not sure where you are in MD but there's a fantastic "junk yard" in Taneytown (Carroll Co.). That is where I found that cylinder. The guy cleans out, salvages, scraps out of Grove Crane in PA (now Manitou I think) &JLG, he has some really nice stuff there not to mention containers (shipping) full of cylinders!

Swannny

Not sure where you are in MD but there's a fantastic "junk yard" in Taneytown (Carroll Co.). That is where I found that cylinder. The guy cleans out, salvages, scraps out of Grove Crane in PA (now Manitou I think) &JLG, he has some really nice stuff there not to mention containers (shipping) full of cylinders!

Never have been there, but I am about thirty minutes away. Good to know because someone wanted my jib more than I had a use for it, so I sold it. Only used it several times a year, but it sure was the cat's meow when you needed it.

carpettakeuchi_zps7593f039.jpg

Any issues with the 7800?

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
hmearth - Is that some type of land plane you have there? Anymore photos of it?

hmearth

Home made smudger bar I looked at buying them but I havnt found anyone that knows how to make one yet I'll get a pic tomorrow most of equipment is behind army security.

JNB

Occupation
I picked up my CASE at the dealer the other day.
Case Fix01small.jpg

Here's what a $5400 repair looks like. Two new SLEEVED hydraulic lines and a rebuilt drivemotor installed. The dealer did install an EZ/EH joystick update for free.
Case Fix02small.jpg

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I picked up my CASE at the dealer the other day.
View attachment 120095

Here's what a $5400 repair looks like. Two new SLEEVED hydraulic lines and a rebuilt drivemotor installed. The dealer did install an EZ/EH joystick update for free.
View attachment 120096

Bummer JNB ! That's a pretty good chuck of change....can I ask how many hours of the drive motor at time of failure ?

JNB

Occupation
Bummer JNB ! That's a pretty good chuck of change....can I ask how many hours of the drive motor at time of failure ?

750 on this one. The duo-seal between the drivemotor and final drive went out. It only holds a quart of gear oil which would leak out in a few hours, working or sitting. I had pumped it full of JD cornhead grease, which was working just fine, but then the hydraulic supply hose that supplies the motor and runs through what would be the chaincase on a skidsteer blew out. No way to get to it without removing the drivemotor, so I had them replace it while they had it off.

The other drivemotor went out on the original owner at around 500 hrs. for the same thing, but was covered under warranty. I'm kinda pissed that CASE Customer Service wouldn't help out one penny with the repair. Especially since it seems that this machine got two "Friday" motors. These are made by Bonfiglioli. Same ones as CAT and Deere use. The CASE dealer was also aware that the supply lines rubbing through was a problem. I'm not too thrilled with CASE support at this point.

hmearth

Jnb
I have simaliar problem developing with my 329D the dealer has been getting
excessively bad sos reports since new with 1900hrs on clock now they pulled it apart last week to see want was going on they think the duo seal might be crook (both sides the same) but I still have drive tran warranty so hoping that will pick the tab.
They didn't fix it only a look and see
So I'm sort of feeling your pain

pafarmer

Occupation
750 on this one. The duo-seal between the drivemotor and final drive went out. It only holds a quart of gear oil which would leak out in a few hours, working or sitting. I had pumped it full of JD cornhead grease, which was working just fine, but then the hydraulic supply hose that supplies the motor and runs through what would be the chaincase on a skidsteer blew out. No way to get to it without removing the drivemotor, so I had them replace it while they had it off.

The other drivemotor went out on the original owner at around 500 hrs. for the same thing, but was covered under warranty. I'm kinda pissed that CASE Customer Service wouldn't help out one penny with the repair. Especially since it seems that this machine got two "Friday" motors. These are made by Bonfiglioli. Same ones as CAT and Deere use. The CASE dealer was also aware that the supply lines rubbing through was a problem. I'm not too thrilled with CASE support at this point.

Thanks for the reply JNB...Sorry to hear CASE couldn't do the right thing and stand behind a poor Engr. design and help a customer out, your not alone on this particular repair that's why I asked the question. CASE customer service really sucks in my opinion. I operated a friends 380 for a few days and thought it was a great machine but would never buy one based on his experience...totally BS IMHO....

JNB

Occupation
Thanks for the reply JNB...Sorry to hear CASE couldn't do the right thing and stand behind a poor Engr. design and help a customer out, your not alone on this particular repair that's why I asked the question. CASE customer service really sucks in my opinion. I operated a friends 380 for a few days and thought it was a great machine but would never buy one based on his experience...totally BS IMHO....

I love the machine, but I'll be damned if I buy anything from CASE in the future. I've been using CNH (Case/New Holland) machines exclusively for over ten years and Ford tractors before that. The dealers have always been great, but in my opinion, the company sucks.

hmearth

This is a sos report on my final drives the silicon content is through the roof duo seal is there a better option IMG_20140609_163407_374.jpg

pafarmer

Occupation
This is a sos report on my final drives the silicon content is through the roof duo seal is there a better option View attachment 120135

Your report is indicative of the seal failure as in the above. No better option that I am aware of. Make sure everything is well documented on any repair made that involves the drives as they get very expensive quick, 10k plus in most cases when replacing both . I would be demanding full drive motor replacements from Deere at this time based on your report...
Good luck.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
don't be nice RAISE HELL till you are satisfied there just trying to get you out of warranty. the squeaky wheel get's the grease . been there was nice got screwed $25,000 axle assbly. common failure then was asked if they fixed it would I buy a new machine from them (this was 4 years later)

JNB

Occupation
Good luck with it HM.

My theory on it is that Bonfiglioli's "Lifetime Seals" swell during use, but may allow contaminants to enter the final when they shrink during cooling. Since the location of the seal is behind the sprocket, it's pretty tough to keep that area clean. I'll be changing out my finals fluids regularly, that's for sure.

What I find to be unbelievable is that the seals are readily available in a fairly inexpensive rebuild kit for purchase from the same dealerships that can't replace them. My dealer's lead mechanic was sure he could replace the seal to keep the repair on mine less expensive, but CASE refuses to make the tooling kit to set up the finals available to its own dealers. I got this info straight from the horses mouth from two dealerships.