• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Small yarders in Norway

rayb

I'm looking for an operators manual for an 1996 Owren 400. I bought one out of Northern BC, and am getting geared up to go chase some small wood down on Vancouver Island. Any advice or tips from the small yarder pro's are welcome.

TorkelH

I don't know

if they made a manual for it...
Left joystick is hb, away from you is in on hb (carriage hauling back), towards is giving line out on hb.
Right h joystick straight away from you - out on mains, towards you - in on mains. Right - in on right main(tag) and out on left main, left - in on left main and out on right main.
3 section drum carriage working well on running skyline. Also a sky drum.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
looks great slippyjack, hopefully we can see a youtube video soon????........TIO

boardbysled

Hope you don't mind me posting some other small European yarders in this thread.

This is the University of Idaho's Koller K300. It is mounted on the 3 point hitch of a 70hp 4wd Valtra tractor. It is primary used as a teaching aid for Forest Operations students and also used to harvest some timber by the student logging crew on the school forest. It's equipped with a Koller SKA-1 carriage.

MyPics_002.jpg

MyPics_009.jpg

MyPics_004.jpg

MyPics_010.jpg

MyPics_015.jpg

TorkelH

My "new" Owren yarder

Just finished this two weeks ago. Need to change/repair a hydraulic pump before I get it up and working. Machine sold new to interior BC and imported back by me. Carrier is a Volvo A25C articulated dump truck.

Attachments

• L1020568sm.jpg
    L1020568sm.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,019
  • L1020570sm.jpg
    L1020570sm.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,057

Sigurd

some more

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great rig,look forward to see it in operation!
Brings back memories when i mounted a telescoping crane with rock drilling equipment on a Moxy, very similar look, but thats another story.
Sigurd