• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Let's see..
We have 10 machines hauling 14 loads per hr= 1120 loads in 8 hrs.
That at 44yds avg = almost 50000yds at the end of the day. That's only our 57's. There are 10 637' running also so I don't know..
Maybe 80000-90000 yds a day?
Correction...
I was wrong on the yardage. 44 yds is dirt. Blow sand is an entirely different material. 35 yds avg is what a 57 will haul when in blow sand. That drops my numbers from 49000 to 39000 yds hauled by 10 machines in 8 hrs.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
This happened sometime between 5:00am and 2:00pm. Not sure when but she ran all day. I spotted it doing my walk around after they parked.. engine still running. Shut her down, removed the hot were, hit it with the solvent gun when I suddenly thought to myself, "self....I'm tired, it's 105° in the shade and I'm coming up on 12 hrs... Screw this place... I'm going home". Naturally, the other mechanic agreed. We'll deal with it early Monday.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Appears locked in and spun to exploding
Never saw one do that!

Had a 988H Cat that ran all morning but after lunch break would not start. Remover starter to find the nose of the starter was missing. Took some fishing around after removing the plat on the other side of the flywheel housing but finally managed to get the broken nose out. Matched it up with the rest of starter and only a few small chips were missing. Tossed in new starter and put it back to work.
Could have been real bad if the engine had started then the piece fell off!