• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL 150/ CLT 80 Heater Air/ Glow Plug Issues

Salt2448

I have a Gehl CTL 80 that was having electrical issues so I bypassed all the electronics and made a manual fuel stop solenoid that I can kill the machine with. Since this happened, I am having issues with starting my machine, however if I give it a shot of starting fluid and it will start right up.

This machine has a heater air instead of glow plugs. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how a heater air works? Is it the same way glow plugs work?

I believe my electrical issue may not be allowing the heater air to heat up which is why the machine is not starting without starting fluid. I was thinking of hooking a battery cable to a starter solenoid from a tractor, to a push button in the cab back to the heater air to see if this would fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

heymccall

Well, on a TL150, the circuit is simple.
Put key in hole, turn key CCW and hold. Glow light will come on. Let go when light goes out, and start engine.
IIRC, it also suggests 1/8 throttle for cold starts.
Did you read the operations manual?

Midnightmoon

that would work or you can power the intake heater relay. The relay probably still has power it just needs to be activated. You could activate it with push button.

Spyros33

Occupation
Mechanical engineer, machine operator
Be carefull when using ether on machines with air heater.make sure heater isnt working when using ether

Stephen Doyle

Put key in hole, turn key CCW and hold. Glow light will come on. Let go when light goes out, and start engine.
Just stumbled onto this thread because we’re having an issue with a TL150 with the preheat light illuminating right after the machine starts. Not familiar with the machine and just noticed it today and don’t want to make something worse. I read a number of your posts and have found them to be very insightful. Thank you. Can you tell me what the most likely cause for that light to come on after starting. Machine sat out in rain for two days so there’s that too. Thank you for your help