• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD25 Dozer Clutch Pressure Problems

Joseph Warren

Hello,
I’ve recently come into a TD 25 dozer. It runs like a champ, and I’ve run it about 10 hours since I got it, however, as of a little bit ago, I lost most of my clutch pressure. It still runs strong, and if I idle, it keeps pressure in the “blue zone”. The moment I put it in gear, I lose all pressure. I’ve replaced filters, and then I had no pressure at all, as though it burned up. I have cleaned out the suction screen and replaced every filter I can find. Anyone have any ideas?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The suction connections for the transmission pump would probably be my first place to look. Tighten hose clamps and replace any leaking O rings and try it again. If still no pressure on the gauge, removal of the pump and tear down might be next. Loosing pressure when shifting into gear indicates a leaking clutch pack in the transmission.