• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Telsta A-28 lift truck identification

Dubble

Hello all. I recently bought a Telsta A-28 lift/bucket truck that needs work. I'm trying to gather info and I think I've found most of what I need. I've found inspection tags identifying it as an A-28, but can't find the original metal tag. My question: Are there features or specs that would help me determine if I have an A-28C or A-28D? It's on a 1990 F Super duty. If anyone is familiar with these, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thank you.

N Safford

I just cut the ford cab off of a 1991 A 28 D telsta and bent the extra length frame into a pull behind trailer style hitch that can be pulled with a pickup trk.
Mine has a completely enclosed construction style body with windows and compartments located under the boom. the onan gen runs the hydralics and the electrial.
dont know the difference, but from what i have seen, cant be much difference. it may be that the c model is insulated and the d model is not. the d model is not rated for electrial work. maybe just for tree work.
I need electrial diagrams, as mice ate the wires in several places. the diagrams are the same I think. if anyone has them i would appreciate hearing from them. I cant seem to find them anywhere.
Thanks. N Safford