• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex pt60 dies and wont start once warm

joe champlin

I have a 2009 Terex pt60 that seems to run fine and starts up fine when it's been cold. but once I ran the machine for a couple hours the hydraulics and electrical start clicking then the machine dies. when I go to start again the gauges generally won't work and the machine just cranks over. every once in a while, the gauges do work, and the machine starts but after a couple seconds the machine dies. I let it cool down for a couple hours and it runs fine for 25min then goes back to failing. the temperature maintains around 180F. I replaced the main power A and B relays. no affect. anyone have a suggestion?

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Check all the ground connections, Alternator output with clamp on , Voltage drop test all the battery cables and alternator cable along with cable to fuse panel with a quality Digital Multimeter. Check if power is dropping out to Fuel Solenoid. Lots of other tests could be done also, but this is a good start.
Simon C