• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Threads to be published In "Construction Equipment"

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Well Members, you've done it! You've attracted the attention of the publisher of "Construction Equipment" and he likes what he sees. He's asked to publish some of our threads in "CE" for his readers to see and I've obliged. The threads will be edited but he feels his readers will be interested to see varying opinions on different topics.

This is a win/win, "CE's" readers get interesting feedback and we attract the attention of their readers, hopefully enticing them to join us. The first issue should be October. So stay at it guys, and many thanks!!

Also special thanks to CE Writer for inviting his boss to look us over!!

cat320

Charter Member
Well that sounds great I bet it will really start to hop in here when the first one gets published.:thumbsup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Excellent...So people reading CE can view Squizzy's highly interesting holiday pics:bouncegri ....and review Jeff D's music preferences:eek:

lamarbur

Charter Member
Occupation
part time excavator/backhoe operator
This site was listed last year on CE's web page of the month or whatever they call it,., Good for you Steve.,..

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
That listing was in "Compact Equipment" magazine. It helped us out a lot in attracting new members.

"Construction Equipment" should have a wider variety of readers from all parts of the construction industry, it can't but help bring us new members.

Sqizzy, you're theatrics make this forum very interesting at times, lol!

Jeff D.

digger242j said:
I nominate "Lonely Friday".

It really shows us all at our best... :yup

And that's the saddest part too.:rolleyes:

Up til now I've been saying too myself "Don't worry, no-one around here reads it, so what if you act stupid?!" , but with national exposure I might not even have that excuse anymore.:eek:

Is it too late to have all my posts deleted, and change my user name??:bouncegri

Maybe a disclaimer like Tigerotor has on his signiture would help?
Something like:

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer jibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the authors IQ, or mental health.

jazak

Will we get to demo out new equipment for free and write a 2 page letter on what we think about? The guys from TURF do it every month and they are in with Construction Magazine (same company)
If so awesome.:thumbsup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Up til now I've been saying too myself "Don't worry, no-one around here reads it, so what if you act stupid?!" , but with national exposure I might not even have that excuse anymore.

Yeah, it really does put the burden on us to say stuff that's at least semi-coherent. I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge... :spaz

dayexco

this the mag that threatened me 5 yrs ago with shutting down my free subscription unless i filled out the questionaire and mailed it back? i didn't fill out their questionaire and haven't missed an issue?

cat320

Charter Member
I like that idea of testing out different stuff almost like that handy mans club you may be picked to try out a tool then you can keep it. could you see that happening with equipment lol lol .

Jeff D.

dayexco said:
this the mag that threatened me 5 yrs ago with shutting down my free subscription unless i filled out the questionaire and mailed it back? i didn't fill out their questionaire and haven't missed an issue?

Well, you might just kiss all that goodbye now, after this ^ post.:rolleyes:

And after 5 years on the lamb, Dayexco?! You had such a nice run going.......why?:bouncegri

cat320 said:
I like that idea of testing out different stuff almost like that handy mans club you may be picked to try out a tool then you can keep it.

:thumbsup Me too!! Let's run with that idea.:yup

Jeff D.

It did read alittle differently, by first impressions, but now that you've made it clear it's actually a question.

jazak

You guys are too funny, lets write a two page report and keep the $30K+ machine for freee! I wish!! What they do in TURF ask if anyone in " " area would like to test this "" equipment for 1-3 weeks then at the end of the time you right a 1-2 page report on what you thought abought the equipment and some pros and cons. Then other contractors/excavation owners can see what other people in the same line of work think plus you get a FREE machine for like a month. :thumbsup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
i posed a question as not to offend anybody, apparently it wasn't the PC one, huh?

To reply seriously to your question--I don't know if they're the same magazine or not. I believe there are a lot of trade publications that send out questionnaires because they have a genuine and legitimate interest in who their readership is. The infomation they ask for helps them to better serve the needs of both the readers and their advertisers. Obviously, if they were making their money by selling copies of their magazine, you wouldn't be getting it for free in the first place. The fact that they're still sending it to you even though you didn't respond to the questionnaire only shows that they still believe you to be someone who has an interest in the contents. If you want to fault them only for making empty threats about not continuing to send you free magazines, well, I guess things could be a lot worse...

(And if you've come to know Jeff at all from his posts here, you should recognize that, much like myself, unless he's addressing an actual question of hard facts, he's probably kidding, at least a little. The smilies should give you a hint when that's going on. :wink2 )