• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Toyota SDK7 questions

rbhw95

Just acquired a 97 Toyota SDK7, it's functioning, but needs some TLC. ANyone familiar with them got any advice on things to maintain? Currently the pedals are sticky making up and down and bucket tilt pretty jerky. Also it fires up, but even after running, sometimes has a hard time getting started. Seems to be firing, but won't stay running after letting up on the starter. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dirty Pete

Just acquired a 97 Toyota SDK7, it's functioning, but needs some TLC. ANyone familiar with them got any advice on things to maintain? Currently the pedals are sticky making up and down and bucket tilt pretty jerky. Also it fires up, but even after running, sometimes has a hard time getting started. Seems to be firing, but won't stay running after letting up on the starter. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Just acquired a 97 Toyota SDK7, it's functioning, but needs some TLC. ANyone familiar with them got any advice on things to maintain? Currently the pedals are sticky making up and down and bucket tilt pretty jerky. Also it fires up, but even after running, sometimes has a hard time getting started. Seems to be firing, but won't stay running after letting up on the starter. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank
New member, first reply so excuse me if I do this wrong. I have one of these. 91? Maybe. Pedals unbolt easily, take off clean and lube. Also take apart valves attached to pedals and clean them out. I need to do this occasionally. First piece of equipment for me. I was afraid the valves would spring out but ,no. Have you drained water separator and changed fuel filter? Fill the new filter with sea foam and and run at full throttle to clean injectors.huge difference Spray wd-40 or diesel in a spray bottle directly into the air intake to keep it running. I use walmart spray lube

rbhw95

thanks for the info. Helpful for sure. I haven't done anything but run it an hour or so. Gonna start working on it in a couple days