• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track question

JDOFMEMI

Some dealers have no scrupels when it comes to overstating the quality of the second, third, or Nth hand machine they are trying to sell to some unsuspecting buyer.

I know it is off topic, somewhat, but I recently seen an ad for an excavator I got rid of last year. When it left, I was concerned about it even making it onto the lowboy the tracks had so much internal wear. Rollers were shot, and the sprocket on one side was rounded off badly. The other sprocket was only in fair shape at best. Rollers were badly worn, to where the flanges struck the bushings. The idlers were cracked and worn thin. The only thing not worn out was the pads, and the rails still had decent height.

In the ad, it was represented as 75% or better undercarriage!!!!! I could tell by the pictures that it had no work done since it left me.

I don't know how some people can sleep at night.

psmith

Anyone have comments good or bad on a cat 931? I've found a machine I may bid on thru and auction service this week.