• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Huggers The Worst

D5G

stopping work because of birds....what birds I didn't see or hear any. how stupid....but I can top that; 3 years ago they wanted to demo a school in our city and they waited 3 years for the bats to move out of their nest atop the school.NOW if it was MY job ida brought in the 375 and very quickly but nicely (with the grapple) informed the said bats that the rent has come due and we ain't waitin....some crazy people in this world.

Deas Plant

Rent Due?????????????????

Hi, D5G.
And if there was a court order invovled the 'tree huggers' would have OWNED your company. Yes, I know it is frustrating, annoying, galling and any one or more of a lot of other descriptive terms. Unfortunately, in the current political and social climate, these people are being listened to more and more. What's more, I think we'd all better get used to it 'cos I don't see it get any better any time soon.

The only thing I can see that MIGHT change it is when/if the greater bulk of the population starts to get the notion that the reason they don't have the services and infrastructure they want and need is 'cos these same tree-huggers are stopping that infrastructure from being built.

You might like to take a look at this:

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/10286/

Now just why do we have high oil prices again?????????????????????????????

If you want to do something CONSTRUCTIVE about putting a crimp in the tree-hugger's style, start making it well and truly known just why various projects are at a standstill and why we have high oil prices and why we have higher prices for our food and other needs. How many acres of good farm land have you seen affected by so-called environmental restrictions. What have emission controls done to farmers' operating expenses? For that matter, what have they done to the operating expenses of anybody who burns fuel for a living? And the list goes on.

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
You know guys, probably the best thing we can do to diffuse the tree huggers rampage is act environmentally responsible and try and bite our tongues when confronted by these misguided activists. These people need something that attracts news headlines and controversy to keep peoples attention on them. Lets not give them what they want, after all we have HEF to vent all of our frustration, and keep it out of the workplace and public eye.:drinkup

D5G

I agree Deas, and I forgot to add one little detail, they were so worried about the birds they didn't even remember they needed to shut off the water and when the guy runnin the 365 grabbed the old boiler they had a 25' geyser on their hands and it took the water dept almost an hour to get it shut off.....funny isnt it. They waited 3 years for the bats to leave and they didn't even check to make sure the water was off.

Deas Plant

Venting frustrations.

Hi, Humboldt Deere.
You think we're safe 'venting frustrations' here?????????
These people have tremendous resources at their disposal and heaps more spare man- and woman-hours than you or I do. You might like to take a look at Bear's great realisation back on page 5 in this thread. In view of this, would you care to take a bet that nobody, nowhere, is watching this and other forums? I doubt the site programming lists ALL visitor's IP addresses in perpetuity.

Deas Plant

Forgot the water?

Hi, D5G.
Not surprising. There are a lot of very highly 'edumackayted' people amongst the tree-huggers. THAT does not necessarily make them smart. How-wevver, take them all for being totally stupid at your own risk.

I don't like the breed much at all myself, but I have to admit that they have achieved raising community awareness of environmental issues that big business and industry were just brushing under the carpet. Now I think we have come to a point where we need to have a dispassionate look at all the issues and make some rational decisions on where to go from here.

At a recent truck accident here in DownUnder, a 'greenie' was ranting beside the road at the accident scene that all freight should be put back on the rail system and trucks should be done away with. Stupid clot wasn't smart enough to realise that rail doesn't go anywhere near about 99% of the places that freight needs to get to, which is why we have trucks. How do you deal with that kind of mentality?

humboldt deere

Occupation
general building and engineering contractor
Deas you may be right, Were being watched:eek: but the point I am trying to make is when huggers climb up in a tree and someone goes up there and brings them down safely and hands em over to the cops, guess who the villain is. Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Deas Plant

Publicity.

Hi, Humboldt Deere.
You're 100% spot on about the publicity. How-wevver, you are not going to change that aspect of the issue until you can get some ENFORCABLE laws passed prohibiting bias and the dessemination of misleading information in the media. Do you see that happening any time soon?

Freedom of the press? What about the freedom of the people to have the truth? Or doesn't that matter?

Another place where that bias in the press shows up pretty regularly is in media reporting of the various conflicts around the globe, especially where your country's forces are involved. To my simple mind, it's a pity that some of the mongrels practising this sort of reporting can't be charged with treason or, at the very least, libel. Misleading the public would be another good one to hit them with 'cos it's nothing more or less than that, and all to suit their own personal agendas. The first victim of reporting is the truth.

So when are you standing for congress so that you can start getting all that changed? LOL.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
This was done a couple of weeks ago and only made a slight reference in the local news media.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/365115.html

The story doesn't say the criminals took a PC750 and completely smashed a small excavator to nothing but scrap metal. They took the 750 into some woods, dug a hell of a hole and then backed an articulated haul truck into it. They dumped debris into the fuel and hydraulic tanks of all the other equipment on site and damaged the ignition switches on top of that.

There was far in excess of $500,000 in damage and the only news coverage is a couple of paragraphs in the paper and one interview on the local TV station. I had to do a Google search just to find the link above with any media two weeks later.

So who is really behind the envrionmental movement? All this damage and less coverage by the media than one would see of an illegal immigrant camp being busted. A house fire or car wreck gets more attention.

There are universities preaching to moldable minds that haven't been schooled to high moral standards. Impressionable minds that could be steered to worthwhile endevors are being wasted on the new religion of environmentalism. It's OK to damage personal property to prevent any more harm to mother earth. It's OK to throw rocks through bank windows because they are financing the destruction or the earth. My professor says so.

Even the students who make it through the education system are swayed to some extent. When they get to positions of power and influence later in their careers they carry a sympathic ear to the errational dogma they were exposed to when their minds were being molded.

A news paper editor or television news director gives the story short coverage because after all the damage is insured. Nobody was killed or hurt so it's not really news. Besides that would just inform the rest of the populace possibly inciting them against the environmental movement as a whole.

So what is the difference between an immam preaching to young men and women that it is laudible to blow themselves up in the name of Allah and a university professor telling his students that something extreme has to be done to stop a new housing development in the name of mother earth.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
I just started reading the monkey wrenching link and I had to stop. I could not take any more. How many of you have actually experianced this type of sabotage?

came close once but had the last laugh. all i'm gonna say. :rolleyes:

Wolf

Two sayings come into mind....

"Fertilize the bush....doze in a greenie":)

"The only true wilderness is between a greenies ears";)

Sums it up pretty good I think!

Cheers
Stripeyjack

What kind of encounters have you had with the "greenies," Stripeyjack? Tell all.

Stripeyjack

:my2c
Well Wolf, I guess I am fortunate in that I have not had a face-to-face encounter with what we here in Oz refer to as 'Greenies'. My biggest beef is the influence they have had in political circles and how this has had considerable implications.
To give you some background I live in north-east Victoria on the Great Dividing Range, Australia's main mountain range (which sees snow each year etc) and grew up on a beef farm- but have had exposure to the logging industry and so forth. Over the years a lot of country which was managed sustainably by loggers (in conjunction with the then Forests Commission) and land in the alpine parts which was grazed sustainably by cattlemen since the 1850's has been 'locked up' by the government who have been influenced by the environmental movement :badidea. The alpine grazing issue is pretty significant as grazing has been effective as a fire management tool, as fuel loads have been able to be kept in check. (If you have seen the movie 'The Man From Snowy River' this provides a bit of a background to the environment/country in which I am talking about).
This part of the country is one of the top three most volatile places in the world for bushfires. I digress however in saying that fire has been an effective management tool, being used to help regenerate coupes after logging (many eucalypt trees need fire in order to pop open their seed cases) and that the 'bush' was regularly burnt each autumn to manage the fuel loads on the forest floor to prevent a summer inferno.
However the recent trend has been to phase out the majority of logging and grazing and the cut backs in 'cool burns', to lock up the country and seemingly throw away the keys. In 2003, as a volunteer firefighter I was involved with the Alpine Fires which ran for 32 days, burnt over 1.3 million hectares and was the worst fires in Victoria since the 1939 Black Friday fires. (link to map)http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628/0/41680B29ACF3764FCA2572130034254A/$File/Alpine_map_final_small.pdf
Again in 2006-2007 there were significant fires in the area with a lot of the bush burnt in 2003 was burnt again which has had effects on the regrowth from '03. The argument has been that if the country had been managed properly the severity of these fires may not have been as widespread.
So I guess what gets up my jumper is when I see a soap-avoiding dole-bludging tree-hugger chaining themself to a D7 or log truck out in the bush and squealing about how the environment is being ruined when I have seen and experienced the consequences of irresponsible management, not to mention my taxes are helping pay their way via their unemployment benefits (probably a generalisation but it makes me :Banghead a bit!)
Well anyway thats just my opinion, having expressed these views in the past I have been classified as a 'redneck' but so be it....thats my $0.05 worth (sorry If I spent more than ($0.02:)), I will now step down off the :soapbox
Cheers
Stripeyjack

Wolf

Greenies

You're right that the greenies don't realize the importance of good land management, both in terms of logging and grazing. Do they log the eucalyptus is your part of the world? They are kind of used for windblocks only in california, and the greenies want them removed because they are not native species to the west coast of the us. They cut down a whole island of eucalyptus here because the greenies were screaming it was not native species. Ridiculous.

equippartsdir

Greenies

Wolf, I really feel for all you Ironheads out there in Cali. Back East, we refer to California as the land of "Fruits & Nuts". It's amazing that you guys get anything accomplished out there, with all of the regulations and such. :Banghead The new offroad emission standards are insane. Pretty soon, the crackheads will have multiple choices for hijacking catalytic converters out there: passenger cars and offroad equipment.

Forgot to mention that my Carbon Footprint is roughly the size of Ohio:eek:

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
This was done a couple of weeks ago and only made a slight reference in the local news media.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/365115.html

The story doesn't say the criminals took a PC750 and completely smashed a small excavator to nothing but scrap metal. They took the 750 into some woods, dug a hell of a hole and then backed an articulated haul truck into it. They dumped debris into the fuel and hydraulic tanks of all the other equipment on site and damaged the ignition switches on top of that.

There was far in excess of $500,000 in damage and the only news coverage is a couple of paragraphs in the paper and one interview on the local TV station. I had to do a Google search just to find the link above with any media two weeks later.

So who is really behind the envrionmental movement? All this damage and less coverage by the media than one would see of an illegal immigrant camp being busted. A house fire or car wreck gets more attention.

There are universities preaching to moldable minds that haven't been schooled to high moral standards. Impressionable minds that could be steered to worthwhile endevors are being wasted on the new religion of environmentalism. It's OK to damage personal property to prevent any more harm to mother earth. It's OK to throw rocks through bank windows because they are financing the destruction or the earth. My professor says so.

Even the students who make it through the education system are swayed to some extent. When they get to positions of power and influence later in their careers they carry a sympathic ear to the errational dogma they were exposed to when their minds were being molded.

A news paper editor or television news director gives the story short coverage because after all the damage is insured. Nobody was killed or hurt so it's not really news. Besides that would just inform the rest of the populace possibly inciting them against the environmental movement as a whole.

So what is the difference between an immam preaching to young men and women that it is laudible to blow themselves up in the name of Allah and a university professor telling his students that something extreme has to be done to stop a new housing development in the name of mother earth.

Just down the road. Atleast the non-cat excavator was killed *muhahaha* Sucks though, I never saw it on the news either.

Wolf

pssing off the tree huggers

Anybody done anything good to xxxx off the tree huggers lately?

Let's hear some good stories, men.

Last edited by a moderator: