• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Huggers The Worst

D5G

theres got to be a way if its a big enough site and you know theres gonna be trouble an electric fence or barbed wire covered fence...just dirves the cost of everything up. crazy people.

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Shoulda gave him a wild ride!

here is a clip of some protesters on a pipe line in wales ,one of who decided to climb a working crane and then tie himself off by his neck :beatsme

CAUTION SOME BAD LANGUAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mps6TdQzmgg

WOW that guy is real smart. Shoulda swung that crane around a couple of times then stopped it real fast!:D Why do people do such a stupid act? I think he should get arrested for jumping up on that crane! But then he would get three hots and a cott, so whats the since? -sigh-

biggerdigger

Occupation
Editor of Contractor, the magazine for New Zealand
What really frustrates me are the "professional protestors". You see them out protesting to save the snails at a mine site, then the following week you see them protesting about something completely different and unrelated - like some new policy the government proposing to do with electoral financing. We're a small country here and it becomes obvious when the same dreadlocked and unshaven face shows up time and time again. And all the while they're collecting an unemployment cheque, courtesy of us hard working taxpayers.

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Let's let 'em live in caves and wipe with nettles. I doubt they'd really want to do that kind of crap then. I used to wonder why there weren't any anti-hippie types then one day it occored to me they're all at working for a living and don't have the time. :D

Deas Plant

It's all right, Mate.

Hi, Bear.
That's all right, Mate. It sometimes takes me a couple of seconds or more to catch on to some of the more complicated issues in life too - - - like how to decide if I want roast beef and salad or a steak for dinner. LOL.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I used to wonder why there weren't any anti-hippie types then one day it occored to me they're all at working for a living and don't have the time.

Bear, you're probably not old enough to remember the late 60's and early 70's, which were the heyday of the actual "hippie" movement. ("Take drugs! Stop the War!") If there was an "anti-hippie" sterotype, it was the guys that you describe, out working for a living, in the mines, and mills, and construction sites. They were known appropriately, as "hard hats".

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Bear, you're probably not old enough to remember the late 60's and early 70's, which were the heyday of the actual "hippie" movement. ("Take drugs! Stop the War!") If there was an "anti-hippie" sterotype, it was the guys that you describe, out working for a living, in the mines, and mills, and construction sites. They were known appropriately, as "hard hats".

Very well put digger...but I can't remember that because I sure wasn't around then...

Dirtman2007

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Tree Hugger

A lady from New York State, who was a tree hugger and a vociferous anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland. There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted to get a good view of the natural splendor of her purchase so she started to climb the big tree. As she neared the top, she encountered a Bald Eagle that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the lady slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch. In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest country doctor. She told him what an environmentalist and anti-hunter she was and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited for three hours before the doctor reappeared. The angry lady demanded, What took you so long? He smiled and then told her, Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, and the Adirondack Park Agency before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area. Im sorry, but they all turned me down.

bear

Occupation
Tree Hugger

A lady from New York State, who was a tree hugger and a vociferous anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland. There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted to get a good view of the natural splendor of her purchase so she started to climb the big tree. As she neared the top, she encountered a Bald Eagle that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the lady slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch. In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest country doctor. She told him what an environmentalist and anti-hunter she was and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited for three hours before the doctor reappeared. The angry lady demanded, What took you so long? He smiled and then told her, Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, and the Adirondack Park Agency before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area. Im sorry, but they all turned me down.

I just about broke a rib laughing at that. The sad part is it's too true.

CAT D9H

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Well I have plenty stories about tree huggers , how much I hate them and all especially being in the mountains , but my favorite one is the time we were contracted to level a lot for a new police dept. so we come out with the dozers and excavators with thumbs , and proceeded to knock down trees well the tree huggers got wind of that and came to attempt to protest , so the site is totally roped off with all the danger signs , do not enter caution tape and what not , well I was in the trusty D9H when out of nowhere I was told came a protesters little hybrid car and pulls up right behind my 9H gets out and starts yellin I was sitting idle about to back up , so I quickly glanced behind me to see if I could see a orange safty vest , nope no one was around so you guys can all back me up , you cant/dont wanna hear anything over a D353, so into reverse she goes , apparently this lady was screaming at the top of her lungs for me to stop but I couldnt hear her, so I let off the decel and start movin well I felt the ripper hit something but we were around alot of down trees and thats all I saw behind me so I never gave it another thought ,well about that time fiberglass was shattering and 3" grousers started digging in and over this tiny honda I go then I knew something was wrong so I stopped , I step out of the cab and onto the tracks only to see a flattened grey car under the tracks , and boy was it flattened so I pull off it and shut er down lady starts saying she was gonna sue , so I look around and see the owner of the company laughing like crazy he comes over and makes sure the lady understands we are not liable for that , any how the cops come and all , all and all it was a great day , for me ,

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
As far as tree huggers go, I think history makes it clear that industry, left to its own devices, will trash anything and everything in pursuit of a buck. The tree huggers have their place in that they've made industry become more responsible for cleaning up after itself. And unless you're the owner of the project, any part of your paycheck that derives from addressing environmental concerns comes to you as a result of the tree huggers' whining.

On the other hand, all the comments about the tree huggers living in houses made from wood, and wiping their butts with toilet paper, etc., are spot on. They don't seem to remember that all the material goods they enjoy came from some industrial activity, somewhere.

Industry, whether it's mining, forestry, or construction, is only doing what the marketplace (read: consumers), provides a demand for. If we still lived naked in caves, we'd never have the need to cut down a single tree, would we?

There has to be a balance, and just like all the other costs of doing business, the consumer ultimately foots the bill for the expense of keeping the environment as unblemished as possible. I think the environmentalists lose sight of that, and as long as the profit margin remains, industry goes on about its business...

bear

Occupation
As far as tree huggers go, I think history makes it clear that industry, left to its own devices, will trash anything and everything in pursuit of a buck. The tree huggers have their place in that they've made industry become more responsible for cleaning up after itself. And unless you're the owner of the project, any part of your paycheck that derives from addressing environmental concerns comes to you as a result of the tree huggers' whining.

On the other hand, all the comments about the tree huggers living in houses made from wood, and wiping their butts with toilet paper, etc., are spot on. They don't seem to remember that all the material goods they enjoy came from some industrial activity, somewhere.

Industry, whether it's mining, forestry, or construction, is only doing what the marketplace (read: consumers), provides a demand for. If we still lived naked in caves, we'd never have the need to cut down a single tree, would we?

There has to be a balance, and just like all the other costs of doing business, the consumer ultimately foots the bill for the expense of keeping the environment as unblemished as possible. I think the environmentalists lose sight of that, and as long as the profit margin remains, industry goes on about its business...

Digger you said it in so many ways I won't or can't (take yer pick) :p :rolleyes: You are right there does need to be a balance. but when they start wrecking my machine or jobsite... I get mad. not easy to do, Im pretty laid back and relaxed but when mad... I get creative not violent. they do need to understand if it's ok for them to wreck my equipment and stuff I buy and use well payback is tenthousandfold upon them. And usually in a way to make them look stupid and feel miserable. I know too many dirty filthy tricks to bother with violence and it pays to use yer head when payback occors. A skunk in the house or car is fun. just as good is a non venemous snake or 12 in the bed. (DON'T ask, can't incriminate anyone :rolleyes: :cool2) Anger management does work, the trick is to be more creative. :p :rolleyes:

Deas Plant

Anger management

Hi, Bear.
Maybe you need to read this one:

Anger Management.

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know.

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialled it. A man answered, saying "Hello."

I politely said, "This is Chris. Could I please speak with Robyn Carter?"

Suddenly a manic voice yelled out in my ear "Get the right XXXXXXX number!" and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits.

After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again.

When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled " You're an XXXXXXX!" and hung up. I wrote his number down with the word 'XXXXXXX' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, " You're an XXXXXXX!" It always cheered me up.

When Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic XXXXXXX calling would have to stop.

So, I called his number and said, "Hi, this is John Smith from Telstra. I'm calling to see if you're familiar with our Caller ID Program?"

He yelled "NO!" and slammed down the phone.

I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an XXXXXXX!"

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. I noticed a "For Sale" sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first XXXXXXX (I had his number on speed dial,) I thought that I'd better call the BMW XXXXXXX, too.

I said, "Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?"

"Yes, it is", he said.

"Can you tell me where I can see it?" I asked.

"Yes, I live at 34 Mowbray Blvd , in Vaucluse. It's a yellow house, and the car's parked right out in front."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Don Hansen," he said.

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home every evening after five."

"Listen, Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes?"

"Don, you're an XXXXXXX!" Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, when I had a problem, I had two XXXXXXX to call. Then I came up with an idea. I called XXXXXXX #1.

"Hello."

"You're an XXXXXXX!" (But I didn't hang up.)

"Are you still there?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Stop calling me," he screamed.

"Make me," I said.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"My name is Don Hansen."

"Yeah? Where do you live?"

"XXXXXXX, I live at 34 Mowbray Blvd , Vaucluse, a yellow house, with my black Beamer parked in front."

He said, "I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers."

I said, "Yeah, like I'm really scared, XXXXXXX," and hung up.

Then I called XXXXXXX #2. "Hello?" he said.

"Hello, XXXXXXX," I said.

He yelled, "If I ever find out who you are..."

"You'll what?" I said.

"I'll kick your a**," he exclaimed.

I answered, "Well, XXXXXXX, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now."

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at
34 Mowbray Blvd , Vaucluse, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover. Then I called Channel 9 News about the gang war going down in Mowbray Blvd , Vaucluse.

I quickly got into my car and headed over to Mowbray. I got there just in time to watch two XXXXXXXs beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead police helicopter and a news crew.

NOW I feel much better.

Anger management really works...

Administrator's edit note: Reason for Editing--Repeated disguise of forbidden word in an effort to beat the auto-censor function. If a word comes out in all asterisks when you try to post it, please don't go to the trouble of trying to defeat that function. Just leave the damn asterisks. Everbody has enough imagination to know what the word was anyway. It just makes our job of consistent moderating of the rules more difficult. :Banghead

The only reason I left the post and went to the trouble of editing it is that it
is entertaining.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: